ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Admiral are robbing c***s!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Would the resident insurers mind pming me for a quote on insurance due on Tuesday!

Admiral are robbing b******s and I refuse to go with them anymore!

£500 ontop of last years premium with no difference to the quote, and £600 ontop of the cheapest quote I have elsewhere.

Its all a scam!

They were the cheapest for me, and very easy to get on with regarding adding mods/mileage etc..

It all depends on who's cheapest at the time I suppose, and I'll find out in a couple months.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
They were the cheapest for me, and very easy to get on with regarding adding mods/mileage etc..

It all depends on who's cheapest at the time I suppose, and I'll find out in a couple months.

Ive just renewed with Admiral for a 3rd year.

Cheapest every year so far.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Admiral bumped my renewal up £300 from last year and said to remove roll cage (insured it with it in last year), no changes other than more ncb. Brentacre halved it and allowed the roll cage too

multicar policy was good though when we had 4 cars on it

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I've just changed my policy over to my 172 (with elephant but it's the same company) and my renewal is due in a few weeks, she told me the new renewal for the 172 over the phone and it's £600 cheaper than it was from a new quote online, and they were the cheapest.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I had this. Elephant came back way cheaper and thy had to honour it as it's part of thier policy , being in the same insurance body

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I had an Admiral Multi car and i was with them for 3 years.

No changes and when i came to renew for 4th year the price went up by £900.

At that point i started shopping about as there was no way i was going with them again.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
When I moved house they gave me a refund on this years premium. So in reality it should be quite a bit cheaper than last years. Instead it's gone up £500.

f**k off!

They may may be the cheapest but it's like saying you'd rather be fingered by King Kong rather than Godzilla!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Didn't you have an accident?

It's also not a scam. You're paying for a service.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
No I didn't.

And it is a scam. Auto renewing, no correspondence, massive inflation in price. It's a scam

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I would rather s**t a large and exciteable hedgehog than insure with Elecunt out of choice.

Can't wait to be 21 and insure with a less retarded insurer.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Ohh and just as proof of how much of a scam and bullshit insurance is I just done another quote. In the space of 5 hours admirals quote has gone up £100.

So am I statistically more likely today to have an accident than I was yesterday or what? If so do I get £100 more likely to crash every day? My premium next year should be £36500 then? Look forward to that!

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
got to admit

an inflation in price with a reduction in a drivers risk isn't justified.

something has to change in the industry or your just going to get more and more uninsured drivers

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It's f**king scandalous!

Just tried confused against money supermarket. Performance direct come up trumps on confused at £701. Same company on MS are cheaper by £40! It has to be made up! Genuinely full of s**t!

And on MS it's not the cheapest by about £30.

Its completely and utterly bullshit!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Performance direct are another £10 cheaper on go compare lol. It's farcical! Genuinely gob smacked at the difference

Ford Mustang 5.0
It's f**king scandalous!

Just tried confused against money supermarket. Performance direct come up trumps on confused at £701. Same company on MS are cheaper by £40! It has to be made up! Genuinely full of s**t!

And on MS it's not the cheapest by about £30.

Its completely and utterly bulls**t!

You may find that MS charge £30 more fee per case aquasation than confused hence the difference in price.

We can do a quote for you if its a modified/performance model. We can do it via our website www.greenlightinsurance.co.uk or you can PM me your number and i'll get in touch

Best Regards
Neil

SQ5
They're cheaper than Greenlight for us which surprised me, by about £200 too.

Was annoyed as wanted to go back to GL now the missus had turned 21

Never take the renewal quote they offer!

They are also cheap for a reason!! Basically they are thick as sh*t!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Been with Admiral before - Multi car policy and it went through the roof after the first year - I think it's all about getting new customers in and then wacking the second years premiums up and hoping you continue with them automatically.

Now with Aviva Multi car and been with them for 3 years and always been very competitive :)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Been with them since 2011 so they offered me a discount. How nice of them. £1150 down from £1250. FO!

Go online as a new customer, see what it comes out as, if it's cheaper (which it will be) quote the reference to them, viola! cheaper car insurance! They used to try & do me out of £500 every renewal.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
got to admit

an inflation in price with a reduction in a drivers risk isn't justified.

something has to change in the industry or your just going to get more and more uninsured drivers

Why? 300 Focus STs might have been in an accident in the last year.

Also you are send a renewal price 30 days before. That's law iirc.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Neil@ greenlight - top man!

makes insurance bareable, thank you :)

Even tried selling me me a bluefin before I'd got a quote and got me a smashing quote for the Megane.

admiral are still c**ts lol

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I just had a play on Confused.com. With both my parents and my girlfriend on my policy, it was £900.00 give or take.

Just me and Dad: £800.00
Just me and Mum: £700.00
Just me and girlfriend: £750.00
Just me: £950.00

How that works out to be £900.00 odd for all of them and me, god knows! And how my Girlfriend who has held her liscence for 3 years and had a claim, is cheaper than my dad who has held his for 20+ years and never had a crash.. Bah.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I just had a play on Confused.com. With both my parents and my girlfriend on my policy, it was £900.00 give or take.

Just me and Dad: £800.00
Just me and Mum: £700.00
Just me and girlfriend: £750.00
Just me: £950.00

How that works out to be £900.00 odd for all of them and me, god knows! And how my Girlfriend who has held her liscence for 3 years and had a claim, is cheaper than my dad who has held his for 20+ years and never had a crash.. Bah.

Its all made up! They use statistics to find out what group you are in then they pick a number between the top and bottom of that group (normally from the top

i'm with direct line and mines due for renewal soon, just tried to get a quote on my cup and they wont even quote me now.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Brentacre

They have been the best by far for me for a few years. My insurance has been around the £400 mark for the last few years or so. I am an old c**t though with 8 years NCB

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
+1 for Brentacre, had a great experience this year with them, knew what they were talking about and didnt have to add people to make my quote cheaper.

Ibiza FR Edition
Admiral offered me £450 down from £500 last year, I had run some comparisons a month ago to get an idea and was getting quotes in the £340 range, however best I was getting yesterday was £417 (Diamond but part of EUI) so admiral have offered £415 and I've settled on that. Not sure why I cant get £340 this month though :S

Something Not French
Has anyone considered not shopping by price, but by quality of insurance or insurer?

I'm with NFU Mutual (not a farmer before anyone asks), consistently voted UK's best insurer on service and level of cover. I could get my insurance around 15% cheaper by using a price comparison site, but for the potential hassle that could arise from an accident (legal process, courtesy car etc) I'd rather not risk the 'cheapest' option.

I see a lot of threads on here moaning about insurers poor service etc, well the money has to come from somewhere... Just saying...

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
NFU Mutual wouldn't quote on any mod that wasn't accompanied by a trained mechanics invoice!

Admiral are always silly cheap for me, every year I try to leave them and go with someone good but they are so cheap, this year ​I'm paying £204 with all mods declared and business use on the Clio!