ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adam's budget racing thread

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Adam finally sorted a stubborn bolt out :D

2u3adepe.jpg

WRX
Thanks for that mate, one last f**kING BOLT!!!
Everything went really well until I got to the isofix bar this morning. After swearing and sweating, I finally got it out but the central seat bracket was not moving, thanks to Raz and a grinder, the back looks like this:
A77DFA35-3F43-46E4-BA7F-DC7548EDCF94-3654-0000047CDD824B6C_zps2292dacd.jpg

He really got me (and a bolt) out of a hole, cheers matey. Might polish the interior tomorrow.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
No probs mate, enjoy the new scent of smuldering metal !
Actaully made me think about stripping the dci ......

next job for you, get a half ores trade car and buy a advanced tool set like mine! It'll be a good send to you haha

WRX
Only buy things I need. Stupid Torx weren't around in my day, only got the good T45 recently. You're right though, I need a good set of Torx bits now.

WRX
Had it's first track day semi stripped today. Had a good tussle with an M3 from about 5:40, obviously not being driven as well as it could have been but shows that these cars, are capable of showing up more expensive cars in the wrong hands.
Unfortunately the video was a bulletcam type, so no viewfinder and just had to guess where to put it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Poor tyre :( they aren't much anyway luckily

Coming along nicely this is.
Will the races be on a weekend at all as I'd like to come and watch

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Had a similar issue at Bedford. Can't wait to see what an additional -1° does up front.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah will look at adding more for next year Mick. Just didn't want to go too mad for road use.

I only put mine in the day before then set them up at the garages with a cheap magnetic setup from eBay. They're not perfect but give you better adjustability than pure guess work (though I got SBridgey's about there from eye).

Cup In bits
You'll need a good bit of camber to get them RS-R's lasting anytime mate.

This is my two passengers tyres after 2 mixed weather session'd days with 4 degrees camber on Eibach sportlines, the shoulders just melt.

01E65C81-65B4-4EB4-BFBF-769902A33EA0-242-00000020FE9BF20F_zps46f9192c.jpg

45DF9F50-65A4-48A0-AF3F-6C13ECFFA4ED-242-00000020E56872DD_zpsc355a38a.jpg

WRX
Yes I've read about the RSRs suffering before mate. Just went for moderate setting as it was getting more road miles than track. Next year will be different though. Not sure which tyres I'll be running next year yet either.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
^^^^^ lol
I still think they are good tyres though for the money

WRX
Oops Dave lol, seems like they don't like low pressures either. Nicely concave on further inspection but it's hard to say for definite as they've had road use too, but I did pump them back up for that. I guess it's what you get for cheaper tyres, they have gone on the inside too. Four hard track days isn't bad really though. Still squeeze another out of the offside front.

WRX
I've got myself thinking about RSR pressures now. Have to check OS in the morning for central wear, to see if they were overinflated on the road, or if it was just excess initial heat on track. If so have to consider starting at even lower next time.