ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adam's budget racing thread

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There's a couple on eBay for £380 new. No idea if they're any good mind!

WRX
£350 from TSL Direct
So it only seems to be a better deal if you know for sure, that you will keep your car for a long time. Otherwise I believe it's fitted to the car anyway???

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Fred cheeky but any chance of the same info. I haven't seen a DR in about 8years so no doubt not even registered now!

p.s Sorry Adam for semi OT!

WRX
Well the shopping list has been done, not sure when I'll start the stripping of the car yet but bits will obviously become available for sale soon.
​So if anybody wants to help fund the project by buying the interior etc.;)

WRX
The postie's just dropped off the MSA racing pack so I've got some reading to do and a DVD to watch.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Have the regs/rules been finalised yet? Just looking at cages myself as I don't think I can bring myself to let Pearl go.

172 Cup
Looks like a good base to start from on this one! Slightly off topic, how did the PZero's fair on track? Wear etc.....I only do 3 or 4 trackdays a year (novice aswel!) and i'm weighing up whether to sell my 15's with fairly worn 888's and spend the money on 4 decent road tyres (Don't want to go for 595RSR's as I do circa 12k a year!)

182cup & 172 racecar
Have the regs/rules been finalised yet? Just looking at cages myself as I don't think I can bring myself to let Pearl go.

I'm going to kick your ginger arse, no they haven't. Nothing to stop you getting a cage though is there.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Going to follow this, quite interested myself, won't be this year but hopefully next maybe.
I've heard you're pretty talented so I'm sure you'll do well Adam :)

WRX
Looks like a good base to start from on this one! Slightly off topic, how did the PZero's fair on track? Wear etc.....I only do 3 or 4 trackdays a year (novice aswel!) and i'm weighing up whether to sell my 15's with fairly worn 888's and spend the money on 4 decent road tyres (Don't want to go for 595RSR's as I do circa 12k a year!)

IMO they'll be fine Rob, reckon they're good for about 4 reasonably hard use trackdays and about 12k.

Adam, did you find a rain light?

Haven't had a proper look yet Tony.

But... have you... lol

Spoke to custom cages earlier today about there 6 point Clubman Tony ;-)

Looks like it will be fine as it is from their site's pic Mick. (I hope)

I was under illusion that you could use the foglights as rain lights, and then normal side lights for night races etc which I wouldn't be doing. I think in the blue book you can either have one in the centre of the rear of the car or two that are symmetrical, hence me saying foglights. Another thing not to worry about paying for and messing about with which is easier!

WRX
Taken from the blue book, it needs clarification. Not sure whether the fogs comply:

5.1. A rearward facing red warning light of a minimum
of 21 watts, with surface area minimum 20cm2
maximum 40cm2
, or of 21 watts with a surface area
minimum of 50cm2
and with lens and reflector to EU
Standards, must be located within 10cm of the centre
line of the vehicle and be clearly visible from the rear.
Vehicles fitted with full width bodywork may
alternatively use two lights equally located about the
vehicle centre line. An alternative light unit of equal or
enhanced constant luminosity or LED lights that are
either homologated by the FIA or comply with relevant
EU Regulations may be used.
5.2. The warning light must be switched on when
visibility conditions are reduced, or as detailed within
championship and/or event regulations, or when so
instructed by the Clerk of the Course.

172 Race Car
Can you not use the top brake light anymore like we did for 3 years? Would take 2 minutes to rewire the fog light wiring to the top brake light

172 Race Car
Fuse, wiring, switch, bracket to fit the light somewhere etc.

or a quick bit of wiring.

Get the interior out before Llandow and i'll do it in the Harvester carpark while your at the bar buying me a beer

WRX
Tempted now, do you need all of it out or just a bit clear at the back?

Only ask because I wasn't going to strip it yet but would if had to.

172 Race Car
Probably just the C pillar trim and stuff around the rear light. Cant remember what side of the car the wiring travels up the C pillar. Think its the N/S, anyone?