ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

270bhp Clio 172 cup with Audi TT engine

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
Re: Clio TT (172 cup)

have u seam welded that flan or a series of spot welds ?

Williams20V-306BHP

have u seam welded that flan or a series of spot welds ?

There are areas sean welded and most constant spot welds, although fast enough to keep a flow. Buget tig really lol I'm not great at welding but can do enough to get by. ;)

Williams20V-306BHP

Look what i got!!

ABF/G60 flywheel part number: 037 105 273 combined with a Golf MK3 VR6 Clutch kit = Good clutch for 340Nm ;)

Attachments

• Picture 053.jpg
    Picture 053.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 138
  Williams20V-306BHP

Yer, bigger and lighter. 228mm
new flywheel fitted with new bolts as there shorter
part number N905 398 01

aac5dfb3.jpg

new vr6 clutch fitted with new bolts
part number n10101001
a16748fb.jpg

engine is now in, driveshaft nearly done... Inspection on Saturday ay Dave ;)

172 cup TT

:) absolutely chap - if i seem monged and hung over then i apologise...

Hope i dont forget my wallet.. So annoying when i do that eh mate :)

Seriously, All looking good, cant wait to see it tomorrow

172 cup TT

Went to see her at the weekend, and what a transformation already compared to the sorry state it was in when it arrived. Stu(Flan) has put so much thought / planning into everything and it shows. Everything is completely rock solid, more secure and stronger than stock really.. top notch ...so chuffed

Need to find the coolant pipes now - When i hear back from Gill i will let you know Stu. Hopefully be today.

Oh, that mx-5(200sx) needs to get out a bit more. What a cheeky piece of kit that is! :)

(Wanted to add this update all week just not had the time)

Williams20V-306BHP

Mini update,
driveshafts finished, double sleved and welded...there not going anywhere!
IMG_0715.jpg

next job..pluming? fun
IMG_0704.jpg

mounted the intercooler
IMG_0713.jpg

instaled the AGU throttle body, also you can see how tight it is between the oil filter and the rad...gonna need to use a oil filter sandwich.
IMG_0739.jpg

the start of the intercooler plumming
IMG_0738.jpg

lots more fun still to come ;)

R27 427/500 ALBI
Re: Cup TT ??

No they wont - the original Clio TT i built in 2004 was running over 400 bhp in a 750 kg car.......

I used to pull up at GTI international and nail most golfs and audi's running the same block.

My pal jordy is running nearly 700 bhp in his car now and his quickest time to date is a 10.07 @ 141 mph.

GTIinternational2009004.jpg

Thats my uncles mates ginger jordy !

knows his stuff !

Williams20V-306BHP

Yet more fun today :D

found an AGU loom at the vw breakers....and some other goodies ;)

94af4911.jpg

Then went to SFS to pick up some hose's
3fae755f.jpg
all plummed in with a new engine cover too?
dac405bd.jpg

75d24e11.jpg

next job... the Rad!

Clio 197 BMW Msport

Great work mate, never seen anyone do this conversion before, good luck with it!

172 cup TT

little update..

Had a package today

28062010424.jpg

Woo its finally been built and arrived!

28062010425.jpg

28062010426.jpg

This has the 3 maps switchable from a dial on the dash.. Just got to decide what kind of maps to have.. guessing an all out power map, an eco map, and god knows what for the 3rd!

Flan, will get it to you sometime this week if thats good with you mate?

172 cup TT

Im on it sonny jim - Heres the list im looking to get :

- Engine breather filter OR original pipework
- EGT sensor
- O2 sensor
- EGR valve block plate
- G60 starter motor
- Battery reloction kit
- Air filter
- 20(!) sump bolts

Is that all correct Mr Flange? ;)

Williams20V-306BHP

yer starter for 02m box with ABF or G60 flywheel.... im guessing its a g60 starter

need a battery relocation kit inc box and lines, and a battery while your there lol

ValverInBits

K6??

Is that a new emerald ECU? Or is it the variant with more ignition drivers, capable of running a V6/V8 or something?

172 cup TT

Yeh, brand new - does loads of funky stuff... Still shows as "coming soon" on their website

Looks great, be interested to see what power you make. What are you using turbo wise? Sorry if I've missed it in the thread :S

172 cup TT

no worries - well i am looking for at least 260brake to be happy.. Its just the standard k04-023 from a cupra-R so i think a reliable 260 is definately within reach. Dont some get 270/280 odd?.. It will be plenty fast with that i think weighing in at a tad over a tonne. Would liketo go the whole hog in a year or 2 with internals and a 350bhp+ turbo but might make it undriveable so who knows...

260? You can get 260 ish from a simple remap stage 1 my friend :) Look at Revo/Custom Code's sites under S3 225 BAM engine stg1.

I say that, depends on the engine I guess. The BAM unit in mine runs 178g/s which by simple calculations means roughly 223 bhp. Stage one remap usually sees figures around 205-210g/s. Stage two (3inch d/p, FMIC and tbe) will see 270+.

172 cup TT

Yeh thanks, thats what i was thinking too.. Its a very realistic figure isnt it.

Ive heard people saying they have been running 280/290 and even 300 from a K04 but unless it some kind of crazy hybrid its not going to last long at that.. whereas 260 would have a decent amount of life in it.. IMO anyway

You won't get 300 from a standard K04. It will be stage 3 which is a hybrid. They just won't flow enough.

With a standard engine, internals etc (dependant on engine, AGU/BAM/APY etc) K04 will return 260 with a remap no trouble. However, stage two is also very easy!

172 cup TT

Yeh thought so mate...

ill be happy at anything over 260 really as im wanting 250brake per tonne ideally... which i think is plenty fast (at the moment anyway - im new to this turbo malarky and hear its addictive, always wanting a bigger badder turbo :) )

Williams20V-306BHP

ive seen k04's after a revo stage two... they go bright white and crack ;)

not supprising when you concider my old AGU with a k04 was 279bhp but the injectors were maxed out ;)

Fingers crossed the engine is ok :D

few pics... found a heat shield and added some VAG heat shield... not pretty but practical.
24bff939.gif

Also the flanges turned up!
40394f93.gif

and the new linkage... the one fitted was a 6speed... epic fail!
09b4b14e.gif

we now have a working gearbox!!! and throttle!!! ;)

172 cup TT

Cracking!.. Flan your flanges look flantastic..

Right, Heres an update on the final shopping list mate, almost there:

- Engine breather filter OR original pipework (DELIVERED)
- EGT sensor (Getting from honda (!) today)
- O2 sensor (DELIVERED)
- EGR valve block plate (DELIVERED)
- G60 starter motor (DELIVERED + BOLTS!)
- Battery reloction kit (No, but ORDERED new slim battery instead)
- Air filter (ORDERED - ITG Maxogen)
- 20(!) sump bolts (DELIVERED)

172 cup TT

:) cracking... am expecting postie with the ITG and Battery any sec. Planning on popping up to yours tomorrow to hand it all over mate

172 cup TT

More prezzies arrived today...

ITG Maxogen:

itg.jpg

And the Slimline battery - cant get over how small it is!.. pretty cool. Should solve our lack of space issue nicely!

Battop.jpg

Batfront.jpg

Will bring that and EVERYTHING else over tonight Stu

Williams20V-306BHP

Been a busy weekend... that c#ck Floodie was moaning so thought i best do some work ;)
Fuel sender fitted....that was fun!
d4b33bc3.gif

then made some custom lines from under the car to the fuel rail with 24Bar hose...should be enough :d
5296e2d0.gif

all connected up...
ea4b8f3e.gif

next..the wiring......
5e7fac04.gif

FUN!
its getting a bit cramped in there....
97742d94.gif

172 cup TT

FLAN!!! - im not paying you just mess around on here and post up shopped 1.8t engine bays, can you just do some work please.. :)

Joking mate, thats looking amazing Stu', suprised you bothered doing much this weekend really due to how hot it mustve been in that sauna of a Marquee thing the cars living in.... surely was the hottest weekend of the year. Oh and i'm on the N75 and exhaust as we speak... Cheers