ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

270bhp Clio 172 cup with Audi TT engine

Williams20V-306BHP
Re: Clio TT (172 cup)

I Also had to make an Alloy bracket for the battery as you were to pikey to buy one lol

2f256c13.gif

Williams20V-306BHP

Also plumed in the breather pipes,bolted on the airfilter and started on the fun wiring!!! Joy

5b455e33.gif

Mainly just a few clips...the wiring and exhaust then were ready to go ;)

Williams20V-306BHP

It's not as bad as it looks... Allthough now it's all over the dining room table the Mrs ain't to stoked! Lol

Williams20V-306BHP

Looms all trimmed down, solder'd and Emerald plug attached. Just need to tidy the last few wires and cover with the original plastic coatings.
71b04743.gif

172 cup TT

Blimey, nice - Bet your mrs loves you right now mate.

I've just ordered the exhaust, should be with me mid next week...

Owen

ClioSport Admin

Wow! Just read the whole thread. Don't really understand the majority of technical stuff, but even I can apprecaite the thought and skill your putting into the build Stu.

Keep up the good work.

172 cup TT

Cool - do you work for BTB exhausts then?

Greeny: Yep he is, and yep should be.. 5th Sept isnt it??

Sprint 172

Cool - do you work for BTB exhausts then?

No. I've known Joe for a few years as he's always put his exhausts on my cars. The last car was a Vectra and the only thing on it of any interest was a BTB exhaust - hence my forum name!

172 cup TT

Ah gotcha... Ive gone for the stealth, but found out from joe that its not hard to add a visible exhaust if she starts to flame too much and turn my bumper into marshmallow

172 cup TT

Exhaust arrived - must admit, very impressed on the whole with BTB exhausts. Cant understand why they dont have a bigger name in the clio world to be honest. Delivered in 2 working days, and not that i know sod all about the quality of welding but after showing Flan he was very impressed with the quality and the little touches given to the brackets and clamps.. A very smart system, and for the price its a no brainer.. With that said, it hasnt been fitted to the car yet so it might be an absolute pain, but i'd be suprised.

25072010435.jpg

25072010437.jpg

172 cup TT

Its essentially a cat replacement pipe... i need to order another bit of pipe in a sec from him too..

172 cup TT

Yeh, got the downpipe from an LCR.... Flans plan for the DP solution is to mate this to an extra piece of stainless that i ordered today from BTB (half meter long, 2.5" in diameter with a 90 degree at one end) .... Main niggle at the moment is hoping we actually have a faulty crank sensor and its nothing more serious! (fingers crossed)

Williams20V-306BHP

Well... That's me all finished.. All plummed in, running and driving! Dave it's over to you now... It's been emotional ;)
37f79fe6.gif

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

It doesn't look out of place in there at all!

Like it :)

Williams20V-306BHP

Had a few dramas on the way and I'm sure some fine tuning will be needed. Dave (Floodie) has got to get a custom downpipe made and fit the exhaust. Plus wire in the tacho and speedo. Then get it on the rollers... Should be 260/270 bhp with similar torque... Should keep Dave happy for a while ;)

172 cup TT

Well... That's me all finished.. All plummed in, running and driving! Dave it's over to you now... It's been emotional ;)

Yep Flan youve been a star...... Cheers for dropping 'her' off the other day, working on sorting out everything - will update the thread as i go.. Want to try and get a video up of it sounding like an animal whilst its not got its exhaust on

Turbo LY R27

Had a few dramas on the way and I'm sure some fine tuning will be needed. Dave (Floodie) has got to get a custom downpipe made and fit the exhaust. Plus wire in the tacho and speedo. Then get it on the rollers... Should be 260/270 bhp with similar torque... Should keep Dave happy for a while ;)

I live in stoke hammond right next to you....if you see an ly r27 i'll move over lol!! I know one cup i wont be bothering against lol!! ;)

Looks amazing by the way!

172 cup TT

Yeh it really does look amazing doesnt it... Flan certainly knows his stuff!!

Danny: yes it shuts perfect, no issues at all.. that reminds me, ive had a recall letter from Renault asking me to get the bonnet catch checked. Could have a bit of fun taking her there, might act dumb when they ask me "wtf an audi engine is doing in there?"

Last edited by a moderator:
  172 cup TT

The back of the car is full of old renault parts, bits and bobs, plus my new exhaust thats going to be fitted.... Bit too late now but will give it a good clean out and spruce up tomorrow. Got to also start on the gear stick surround / lower part of the dash too...

03082010441.jpg

03082010440.jpg

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

This has the 3 maps switchable from a dial on the dash.. Just got to decide what kind of maps to have.. guessing an all out power map, an eco map, and god knows what for the 3rd!

Thats easy. race fuel map.

Great project. Wacthing with interest. Reyland are gonna VAG my Clio over winter.

I have driven his VAG engined MG on track alot and its an absolute WEAPON! very very fast. Its uses a Gripper plated diff and runs around 350bhp and weighs 850kg. Puts power down VERY well.

Williams20V-306BHP

Great project. Wacthing with interest. Reyland are gonna VAG my Clio over winter.

I have driven his VAG engined MG on track alot and its an absolute WEAPON! very very fast. Its uses a Gripper plated diff and runs around 350bhp and weighs 850kg. Puts power down VERY well.

With your lineup of cars it should fit in nicely. :)

I was chatting to Mr Reyland at PPC about his car he seams like a top bloke!. I love how it runs all Ford Sensors, coil and ecu ect.... its like 50% Vag 50% Cossi ;)

The car was ripping round the track! Didnt he blow it up the other day?

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

Nope. its running fine!

should be at Silverstone this sunday.

It runs a Pectel T2 ecu mate. Nothing to do with a Ford.

Its 70% MG, 25% Audi, 5% assorted bit as I guess.

It was so fast at an EVO trackday last year that it got a mention in the magazine and that got them into doing the baby bugatti thing they are doing with the project TT.

Really does go well on track.

Last edited: