ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

27"...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Current setup.

iMac Quad Core i7. 8GB DDR3 RAM. 512MB VRAM.

27 inches of LED win. Still adjusting to the size of the thing TBH. It feel like you should have popcorn with you, when you're just browsing CS. Mental. I've left a few things out because they're at the office, but you get the idea.

I've wanted one for ages. If anyone's thinking about it, seriously, you won't be disappointed. :cool:

Apologies for the sh*t picture.

5d16ae99.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
100% mate.

I used to have a 24". 2007/8 model.

The screen's the main thing, I don't even care that it's so much faster. :p

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Can you actually tell the difference in the screen size?

I was looking on eBay - Mac's always hold their value well, tempted to whack mine on there!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Not just the size mate. The LED backlighting is stunning.

Not sure which model you have? LED screen?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, exactly the same.

You'll notice a HUGE difference.

It's like someone's given you the contact lenses you've always needed.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Thing is, I don't use my current one to it's full potential - I only bought the 24" version as I thought (naturally!) that bigger is always better and If I bought a Mac then I should buy the best one possible!

Only the other day was I tempted to chop it in and get a Macbook Pro .... my problem is that I change my mind sooooo much.

Saw my first iPad today and can safely say I'm tempted over that too - so many things I want and so little cash!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I just love it!

It's like a piece of art!

My iPenis has grown erect!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I just love it!

It's like a piece of art!

My iPenis has grown erect!

Heh, cheers! I think.

Any need for the "Quad core" for the extra cost? lol!

Yeah, I wanted QC because it's my main workhorse and I deal with graphics and need the punch. But it's also because I wanted the top end machine. :eek:

chris... surely 27" takes up all your peripheral vision???

Shush. lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Can you even upgrade from that!

Amazing machine.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's pretty much the top spec stock build. Apple only make the Mac Pro towers, and their servers which are higher up the ladder.

You can have the RAM upgraded to 16GB as a special order. Mine's 8GB, currently.

It's got a high end graphics card and fastest processor though. And a 1TB HDD.

2.2 bar shed.
How do you rate the screen quality dude. Im strugging to justify an Apple screen over my 32'' Samsung atm.

Give me a reason to be a brand ***** ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Considering Apple use Samsung/LG displays, then I'd say they were spot on. ;) At least they do on the iMacs.

Apple just make it into a piece of art. It's flawless, honestly.

Cosmic.

I couldn't justify buying one though, as I only use a desktop for gaming and, as far as that goes, PC is King.

182 Cup
Gor one a couple of weeks ago myself, the size of the screen takes some getting used to and i've found myself nearly blinded many times when going from a website back to the bright white of googles homeage!
Bad Company 2 looks colossal on it though, and the iMac itself looks great in my living room, also very handy for watching movies on. Vlc player remote app for the iphone is handy to have for above.

14' Leon Cupra 280
Looks awesome! I don't know what to do now. I'm wanting a 27", but they have an i5 and i7 on the refurb store, so I don't know whether to go that route, or just get it new? Each one has a saving of £250 over new, decisions, decisions :(

DMS

A thirsty 172
Get the refurbed one.
They're as good as new anyway (the outer casing gets changed over if there's the slightest bit of damage), they still come with Apple warranty and are essentially still the same machine. Only difference is that they don't come in a fancy box and they're cheaper.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, I would've bought a refurb if they had the spec I needed. My Mum's just bought a refurb MBP from the online store and it's flawless.

Cheers for the comments.

14' Leon Cupra 280
Cheers guys, just ordered it :) Went for a refurbed i7. May upgrade to 8gb next year, see how it goes.