ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

27"...

2.2 bar shed.
Considering Apple use Samsung/LG displays, then I'd say they were spot on. ;) At least they do on the iMacs.

Apple just make it into a piece of art. It's flawless, honestly.

Went 27'', no regrets for sure. Only problem it makes everything else look small!

14' Leon Cupra 280
I still can't believe how these change the way you work. I've just put in best part of 17 hours of web design work today, running the usual Photoshop/Dreamweaver/Firefox/Spotify/Filezilla/Adium/Apeture/Word/Excel, and also Parallels. Nothing special I know, but to have something running effortlessly with no lag, no crashing, no noise makes the job all the easier. 6 Months ago i'd have given in hours ago, my eyes would be knackered and would no doubt have a splitting headache. :) Brilliant!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL @ "do you need an i7?"

If you're going for a 27", you might as well go all out.

They're stupidly good machines. I still love mine.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Will shortly be ordering a 27" for the study and a mac mini for the TV downstairs, i <3 apple, my MBP13 got me hooked

Last edited by a moderator:
  Inferno 182 CUP
well not literally made me cry but the 27 looks fantastic .. i loved it .. but it was too big and hurt my eyes so i got a 21 and speced it up .. even that hurts

It's massive to start with. Just like when I got my first plasma.

Now I'm used to it. I'd love a 27" display to sit next to it.

Its amazing how quickly you get used to them, to be honest. When we first started getting them in they looked massive, but you get quite blaze about them now. Also, on a slightly boring side note... the screens are exactly the same as the cinema displays. When you run diagnostics on the new iMacs it actually lists the part as an apple cinema display so, in a roundabout way, when you consider how arse wateringly expensive cinema displays are, iMacs are actually one of the best value machines in the range.

My minions bench:

photo.jpg

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 33
  MkV Golf R32
Looking into getting one of these for the bedroom, has anyone played Sky player/BBC iplayer. Whats it like? daft question but need to "sell" it to the other half. Otherwise it will have to be the 21.5" and sky multiroom instead.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Looking into getting one of these for the bedroom, has anyone played Sky player/BBC iplayer. Whats it like? daft question but need to "sell" it to the other half. Otherwise it will have to be the 21.5" and sky multiroom instead.

It's wicked, iPlayer hi quality runs fine. 21.5" is full of fail compared to the 27".

Interestingly (or not) the new magic trackpad is *exactly* the same size as the excised numpad and cursor keys and makes the small keyboard the same size as the full size one.

It was kind of dissapointing that they didnt think of a way to actually attach the two together as they are literally perfectly matched.

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
27", but with a bit more grunt at the end of the cord... ;)

macpro-27-cinema.jpg

2.8ghz quad core with 2xOWC SSDs and 2xWD 1TB Caviar Blacks, 1GB ATI 5770 and Blu-ray.

Swapped from two of the old 23" Cinemas and will prob get a second 27" next year.

2.2 bar shed.
Having used a tiny 21'' iMac for the past 3 hours I can safely say they blow compared to the 27''. Hero spec or nout is my recommendation.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
macpro-27-cinema.jpg

Oh my that is special?

Are we talking 4k+ sitting there?

Yeah, not far off. I love love love the big displays. Think they look better than the iMacs with the smaller edges.

When I win the lottery (Obviously not in my syndicate) I'm having 4 of them.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
4 of them!

I here Chris will buy 5 but whatever.

Every piece Apple make is like a simplistic piece of art!

Stunning machines!

LY 182
27", but with a bit more grunt at the end of the cord... ;)

macpro-27-cinema.jpg

2.8ghz quad core with 2xOWC SSDs and 2xWD 1TB Caviar Blacks, 1GB ATI 5770 and Blu-ray.

Swapped from two of the old 23" Cinemas and will prob get a second 27" next year.

You are a hero!

iWant. Badly.

Rav4
Hi there!!

Nice stuff, I have the 30" ACD, gorgeous too.

Just had to take back my Mac Pro 2 x 2.4 westmere, because it was too loud, got a replacement and was even louder, so waiting for a refund.

Random question, but what's yours like?

macpro-27-cinema.jpg

Oh my that is special?

Are we talking 4k+ sitting there?

I'd only buy that display if..

A) Was mega loaded and could have a few
B) Already had a Mac Pro.

If you're spending £1k, you might as well spend a few hundred extra and get a computer inside it.

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
It's whisper quiet. You can hear it if the room is silent, but there's no way you could say it was loud.

iMac's are great, but... The display will outlast the computer by years. I bought this 27" last month and before that I was using a 23" that I bought in 2004. Back then the top spec iMac was a 1.8 G5. You'd not want to be using that now! There's also a ton of room in a Mac Pro to upgrade and expand. I've changed the video card, added more RAM (there's 8 slots) and I'm running five hard drives (two of which are SSD) and a Blu-ray drive.

The Mac Pro in the pics I got in June 2008 to replace a Powermac 2x2.5. It's liquid cooling sprang a leak, out of warranty but Apple kindly replaced it with this Pro. Aside from RAM and drives, I've not paid out for a new computer since 2004, so my initial £2.5k for the Powermac is starting to look like a bargain now!