ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

27" iMac...

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Going to order my 27" i7 tonight :D

One question though....I have a multiple license PC version of Office 2010 so what software do I need to run it on an iMac?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Going to order my 27" i7 tonight :D

One question though....I have a multiple license PC version of Office 2010 so what software do I need to run it on an iMac?

Office 2011, your windows one is no good for the mac.

Mine arrived, and doesn't work. Just spoke to Apple and a replacement is on it's way and they'll send a courier to pick up this duff one.

Also the girl I spoke to is fit.

Audi S1
Well my iMac arrived today. One word. Awesome!

IMG_2079.jpg

This is all my own doing but as nothing on here is likely to damage it like a woman would leave knocking about near electrical equipment it's all good.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
This is ours though its just the iMac on the desk now with a trackpad as opposed to the magic mouse:

6319212548_85074decc9_b.jpg

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The MacBook Pro is gone now and the air is the wife's so its not all mine.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm hoping the revised Airs are slightly beefier so I can sell my MBP for one... finally.

I'll get some new pictures of my setup soon, I'm buying a new desk and comfier chair soon. The one I have currently looks great but it's not the squishiest.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
We bought a pretty cool chair (Quite cheap also) from Dwell (Same place we got our desk from):

381297_10150601399719502_630659501_11585360_62471317_n.jpg

Excuse the wee man lol!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Ordered my 27" iMac yesterday, this is what I went for :)

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
1TB Serial ATA Drive
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5
Magic Trackpad
Apple Wireless Keyboard (British) & User's Guide (English)
HP Photosmart 5510 e-All-in-One AirPrint Printer

Audi S1
Ordered my 27" iMac yesterday, this is what I went for :)

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
1TB Serial ATA Drive
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5
Magic Trackpad
Apple Wireless Keyboard (British) & User's Guide (English)
HP Photosmart 5510 e-All-in-One AirPrint Printer

Welcome :)

Monaro VXR
Would you recommend buying an iMac now or waiting as according to the link below they say not to buy right now (assume this means a new version due to be released soon?)

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#iMac

There is definitely a new one coming this year, it's just a case of when. The problem at the moment is that intel have had yield issues with the new CPU as they are not a simple die shrink this time. AMD and Nvidia are also having some difficulties with yields with their current gen stuff. Due to again moving to 28nm. AMD have got their higher end card sort of on the market now, it has launched on paper. But you can not get hold of them. Mobile based ones will come later. Intel are thinking they will have mobile CPU's by around April / May.

The iMac is a bit of an odd system really in the way it is built.

It uses desktop grade CPU's and hard drives. But laptop grade memory, GPU etc. So they have to wait on all the parts being available.

Monaro VXR
Corsair memory is up there with the best. It is all much the same though to be honest.

Just buy what is cheapest and easiest to get hold of in the correct spec.

So this is what it feels like to have a working one :eek:

eb70491d.jpg

Desk is messy, todays job to sort it out, and decorate next month.