ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2016 Audi RS3

BMW M4; S1000 RR
My e90 M3 is almost a sensible tight ar5e car then 😂
Buy a 320d for £5k you numpty. Then another TVR and a moat filled with ducks.

If you believed everything you read on this forum then yes an M3 is a normal car to use as a daily! Except the RS3 gets what, double your MPG ? ;)

Last edited:

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I'd much rather a RR everyday and less toys, Then again I am from a farming background so thats a given.

Also am I the only one that thinks 3-5 series beemers are bloody uncomfortable dailys.

I know loads of people like that and I just dont get it, they feel huge and disconnected to drive. Comfy, but extremely dull.
True, I only suggested a 3 series as he had one before, insert any decent saloon car tbh.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Driving the RRS takes the stress of driving totally away, which is nice. Its quite quick for what it is too.

Depends on what I can make on the RS3. I've offered it to a few garages in cornershop land!

I'd always planned on selling it at 24 months old, not 12. But the house move has changed things somewhat.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I know loads of people like that and I just dont get it, they feel huge and disconnected to drive. Comfy, but extremely dull.
True, I only suggested a 3 series as he had one before, insert any decent saloon car tbh.

Exactly this, 100%.

I'd run something comfortable, cheap, and mundane.

Then I could at least have something that's enjoyable to drive instead of just the one car that's enjoyable to own/waft along/be seen in.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Exactly this, 100%.

I'd run something comfortable, cheap, and mundane.

Then I could at least have something that's enjoyable to drive instead of just the one car that's enjoyable to own/waft along/be seen in.

But....

I've been in that situation. When I had the Alfa as a company car these were what I ran beside it:
MK Indy R1 Kit car
Boxster S
TVR Tamora

None of those got used at all, and it was just another set of costs for no reason. I probably did around 4000 miles combined in all of them.

Driving the RRS takes the stress of driving totally away, which is nice. Its quite quick for what it is too.

Depends on what I can make on the RS3. I've offered it to a few garages in cornershop land!

I'd always planned on selling it at 24 months old, not 12. But the house move has changed things somewhat.

What stress? Pretty much anything german does that, unless you're implying that a 335D is taxing to drive on a motorway? At the end of the day a rangerover is a nice novelty because it's like doing 70 down the outside lane in your livingroom. Even if you do want one, why new, for 30k a year? surely a 3 year old one would be exactly the same and about half the cost!

Certainly be interesting to see what its done over 12 months. The depreciation should be horrendous, but given the lack of availability, I don't think it will be!

But....

I've been in that situation. When I had the Alfa as a company car these were what I ran beside it:
MK Indy R1 Kit car
Boxster S
TVR Tamora

None of those got used at all, and it was just another set of costs for no reason. I probably did around 4000 miles combined in all of them.

Fair enough then, if lifestyle means you just dont get the chance to use them then fine. Personally I wouldn't be without the track car and the bike, but I've a mate with kids for whom that isnt an option, so he bought an E90 M3 as an allrounder.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
But....

MK Indy R1 Kit car
Boxster S
TVR Tamora

As said above, fair enough, T shirt very firmly bought on that one!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I think just stretch it to the Rrs if you can afford it, you will end up with one eventually. :wink:

Only other car I wouldn't mind a go in would be an F Pace, need to convince my dad on that one.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
The Jew gold one. I've sold it 2 times already and both got declined on finance. f**king thing.
Buy it. At least I know you won't get declined.

But....

MK Indy R1 Kit car
Boxster S
TVR Tamora

Maybe it's not always just about cost.
People do buy cars just because they like them and can.

Oh @Waitey guess what car is on my drive way??

Oh definitely, and I have no issue with that at all, it's everyone's personal choice, I'm just saying I don't think I'd ever be able to justify £1200 a month to still die of boredom sat on the motorway. No matter what you drive it's still dull, so unless the car is self driving or comes with a chauffeur, I'd rather keep it simple and spend the difference on other toys or travel or something.

As Waitey has said though, he tried that and never got the chance to use them, so obviously it didnt work for him!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Im guessing that by the time you've finished driving round all week you really need to force yourself to go and drive any toy you may have in the garage. For that reason I would have the best daily I could afford which is what you've done with the RS3.

Reactions: ...
  Leon Cupra 300
So you like having just one car that does it all, I get that completely...

I'm biased, but a year old regular XFR are around 40k, they're super comfy (more so than and BMW I've had), look great and have a good image, have same V8 as your F Type so sound amazing and go like hell.

You've for high fuel costs but the later cars have the ZF8 same as the F so i bet that wasn't too bad on the motorway in 8th? But you're offsetting that with a lot lot less purchase price.

I'm a massive (new gen) RRS fan, it'll be great up and down the motorway but you'll het bored when it doesn't want to play. I'd suggest an SVR but they are like silly expensive.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The Jew gold one. I've sold it 2 times already and both got declined on finance. f**king thing.
Buy it. At least I know you won't get declined.
But its Jew gold and only a HSE. I want Autobiography or nuffin.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Oh definitely, and I have no issue with that at all, it's everyone's personal choice, I'm just saying I don't think I'd ever be able to justify £1200 a month to still die of boredom sat on the motorway. No matter what you drive it's still dull, so unless the car is self driving or comes with a chauffeur, I'd rather keep it simple and spend the difference on other toys or travel or something.

As Waitey has said though, he tried that and never got the chance to use them, so obviously it didnt work for him!
To be fair, only 20% of my 30k a year is on the M-way. I'm all country side based so I do get to use the RS3 properly.

But I think in the same situation I'd hang my self in a 3.20 etc, whereas a RRS has that something special about it. I've done around 1000 miles in the one above and I loved every minute.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

You forgot to add the all-important badge. To some people, the right badge and the right key-fob are worth four-figures per month alone - regardless of many other factors. One member on here posted not long back (apologies, I can't recall who) about how much more his mate's monthly lease was on a RR than the rent he paid for his pad. In comparison, the internet is awash with people spending similar money, twelve times a year on a SsangYong - not.

In my mind, that's utterly crazy and superficial beyond belief. But that clearly floats his boat.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Surly it depends how much you earn if its only 20% of your salary then its no different to someone earning less but spending 300 a month on a Golf R etc.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
You forgot to add the all-important badge. To some people, the right badge and the right key-fob are worth four-figures per month alone - regardless of many other factors. One member on here posted not long back (apologies, I can't recall who) about how much more his mate's monthly lease was on a RR than the rent he paid for his pad. In comparison, the internet is awash with people spending similar money, twelve times a year on a SsangYong - not.

In my mind, that's utterly crazy and superficial beyond belief. But that clearly floats his boat.
That is true. I'm reasonably high up in the company I work for and if I turned up in something knackered it wouldn't look good.

Although I'm odd and don't look at BMW and Audi etc as high end brands now, they are just the norm here.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Considered an F-Pace over the evoque? Much nicer car in my opinion

Not a 320d
So has waitey basically spent 12 pages justifying and defending his decision to run an audi rs3 because other forum users can't see eye to eye?

I'm sure I met you once on an East Yorkshire meet many years ago.... seem to recognise the username

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
So has waitey basically spent 12 pages justifying and defending his decision to run an audi rs3 because other forum users can't see eye to eye?

I'm sure I met you once on an East Yorkshire meet many years ago.... seem to recognise the username
Probably mate. Hi.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Thing is they sound immense. They look OK. They aren't great to drive. Not bad, by any means. But a golf r has it covered everywhere bar straight lines.

It's neither here nor there for me. It's not a great drivers car, and in comparison to a RR it's not a great daily.