ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2016 Audi RS3

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
I've just started looking at these and quite fancying one for my next car. Seen a few around the 36k mark but need them to drop more towards 30k. Sepang or same colour as yours I'm thinking. Definitely prefer it with the black trim though. I do kind of like nardo grey but can see it being done to death an I bet most of the rs3's you seen driving through bradistan where nardo

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
You don't own a corner shop though.

** Drove through Bradistan the other day and saw 7, yes SEVEN, RS3's outside corner shops lol.

Every other car around here is an RS3 or GolfR. I don't think I'd be exaggerating if I said there were 100 RS3s in Bradford.
Probably all hire cars though... Or drug money. No other explanation for it.

Evo 5 RS
Not many RS3's round here, every other car is a Golf R now. Makes a change from every other car being a f**king Fiesta ST.

I want an RS6, the old one with the V10.. I need to use my dads firm for finance purposes

YES, you did well with yours TBH. I don't see many these days. Literally all R. Worse still is I don't care enough for them to tell the difference between the various aged ones. I just think "another R." Would have the RS3 over one purely for that reason LOL

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Turns out fuel pump has died. Audi are sending a truck out to collect the RS3.

In the mean time I'm slumming it in this:

6037CB6D-AC1B-4657-999B-B3F9CD384A73.jpg
So the RS3 might be going. Just offered to buy the RRS I borrowed.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
@Waitey post a list of your last few cars, just so I can feel more of a failure.

Wasn't it not so long ago you were driving a 3 series (albeit a nice one), what did you have before that?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
@Waitey post a list of your last few cars, just so I can feel more of a failure.

Wasn't it not so long ago you were driving a 3 series (albeit a nice one), what did you have before that?
Clio 1.8 16v
Clio 172
Westfield 1.6 ITB 4-age
106 XSi
106 GTi
MX-5 Turbo
TT 225
BMW Z3M
TVR T350t
Saxo VTS
E46 M3
Range Rover Vogue 4.4
TT V6 Manual
Alfa Guilietta (Company car)
TVR Tamora
MK Indy R1 Bike Engine
BMW 335D X drive
F type V8
Mini Cooper Works GP
Audi RS3

I think thats it, I may have missed a few.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Is that in order? Loving the VTS right after a T350T lol
nice list.

If you get the RRS what do going to do for a fun car, do you still have the Jag? I saw a white 65 plate wide bodykitted RRS broken down yesterday, god it looked awful with the bodykit on.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Stretch to the Range Rover Svr atleast. No way would I get rid of the rs3 for one though. Crazy fool
f**k that. I can get diesel for 80p/l so with my current mileage running the RRS would be cheaper than the RS3. Its a lot nicer place to be.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
So @Waitey as an overall experience, was the RS3 worth it over running something else?
Yes and no. Its highly capable, but not engaging. Then again for how I used a car, even an M3 wouldn't be engaging. I wouldn't tell someone not to buy one though. For how it goes with the MPG I get I doubt there is better.

I got finance quotes on the RRS and it looks like dropping £60k on a used car won't be much fun financially.

The Mrs is saying I should get an Evoque still and she has a point. I'd be £400 a month better off in one, and that is a fair chunk of wedge.

I'd love a green one.

LAND_ROVER__RANGE_ROVER_EVOQUE__TD4_HSE_DYNAMIC__DIESEL__GREEN__2016__AP65EXV-e01_md.jpg

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
£400 a month better off, but how much extra is it costing to change?
It's not about what it costs to change its about out going.

RS3 + Fuel = £1170
Evoque + Fuel = £780

I can get good money for the RS3 due to the order books being closed on them.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
That green is really nice.. but it's still a tarts handbag

What about the new Disco?
When spec'd up the prices between to the two are very similar and the Evoque has the far better residual.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
A friend has just gone from an Evoque to an RS3 as it happens.
He said to me he wished he had done it sooner - only does 20k a year though, not the 50k or whatever daft figure it is you do these days.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Evoque is a really nice place to be. 3 doors are horrid, proper sluts car.

You'd suit the convertible.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
A friend has just gone from an Evoque to an RS3 as it happens.
He said to me he wished he had done it sooner - only does 20k a year though, not the 50k or whatever daft figure it is you do these days.
I only do 30k pa. With getting a mortgage and all I should really be sensible.

Not sure I want to though.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I'm not mad on the Evoques, especially when you sit in the new RR so much nicer... But then there's the cost.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'm not mad on the Evoques, especially when you sit in the new RR so much nicer... But then there's the cost.
Tru that.

RR in ideal Spec = £98k
RRS in ideal spec - £74k
Evoque in ideal spec = £53k

Big ole difference.