ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2009 Megane RS

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Clio 200 looks pretty good also.

I'm liking the Cup chassis coming with the LSD also.

Wish the rear bumper was in one piece, so it would look alot smoother.

Will have to wait and see next year for other version they bring and any revisions they make.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Clio 200 looks good!

Not 100% on the huuuuuuuge exhausts! :S

The minty-coloured car looks sweet though!

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
It's different, thats for sure. lol

If only it was as bright as Ford's green.

The Clio 200 really looks good.

It's good too know the Megane is 250hp now, but as it's the same engine. Don't think we'll be getting much more from a re-map, unless the crap injectors have been uprated.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Better than the lard ass version but still no focus RS.

I was expecting more bhp thogh

Golf GTD Mk7
Do you think power to weight will be much different on the now 250 compared to the r26? I'm sceptical

Not sure about the new front end on the clio. Its spec sounds a bit better, but we will have to see how the new gearing fares.

MKIII 138
Better than the lard ass version but still no focus RS.

I was expecting more bhp thogh

i really hate you now.

stop it with this comparison TBQFH its not in the same league, its not a 'special' when the megane rs becomes a special (2yrs ?) it will no doubt be 150kg lighter still than standard (R26R weight or less) with 20more bhp and better handling.. also this would put it firmly into 300kg lighter than the focus and only 50hp down and thats if the next R29R doesnt have lets say 270-280bhp.

renault will rule as its their thing, tuned for UK roads with updates every year, focus rs is mean one off (if a lot OTT on styling) but the fuel, tax, 19" tyres, insurance, nickability, barry boy looks make it not something id really consider myself and that heavy 2.5t upfront, renault will be cheaper on everything mentioned and ultimatley faster on the track.

all renault will do is release this lighter, possibly more dynamically focused cheaper hatch and then improve.

focus rs is awesome of course but its not like renault to rest on their laurels, in the end do you need much better pace and handling than the R26 on uk roads ? renault are just about to offer this

Clio MK 4
cant decide if i prefer it. I guess in real life it will look better but theres something i dont like about it. It seems a bit chubby if you get what i mean.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
i really hate you now.

stop it with this comparison TBQFH its not in the same league, its not a 'special' when the megane rs becomes a special (2yrs ?) it will no doubt be 150kg lighter still than standard (R26R weight or less) with 20more bhp and better handling.. also this would put it firmly into 300kg lighter than the focus and only 50hp down and thats if the next R29R doesnt have lets say 270-280bhp.

renault will rule as its their thing, tuned for UK roads with updates every year, focus rs is mean one off (if a lot OTT on styling) but the fuel, tax, 19" tyres, insurance, nickability, barry boy looks make it not something id really consider myself and that heavy 2.5t upfront, renault will be cheaper on everything mentioned and ultimatley faster on the track.

all renault will do is release this lighter, possibly more dynamically focused cheaper hatch and then improve.

focus rs is awesome of course but its not like renault to rest on their laurels, in the end do you need much better pace and handling than the R26 on uk roads ? renault are just about to offer this

I would hardly call it barry boyish.Its the most powerful road car ford have ever made.

Looks better than the meg and the focus is not a hardcore car yet.It has touch screen sat nav and is a very nice place to sit.

Maybe ford will release a rally spec version like the R26R in time and then you will be able to compare.At the moment though they are both luxury items and thats why i made the comparison.

Mini Cooper S sport
And so my car goes out of date :( same thing happened just after I bought my 182 as well!!

I love the look of the Meg from the back and sides, I'm just not keen on the black insert at the front - same with the new Clio 200. I'm sure they'll book look good in the metal though.

I do wonder what Alien Green will look like. Snot-coloured Clio?

I bet half of Megane Sport are already at the dealers putting in their orders.

PH1 172
When I went into Renault 2 weeks ago to book in my clio for the bonnet catch I asked if I could take a 197 cup or the megane 225 out while I was waiting.....he said to me that I could but if I am thinking of buying then wait for the new megane and clio plus there is going to be a R version of the new megane like the R26R....if he wasn't bull sh!tting then that will ba savage me thinks!!!!

MKIII 138
I would hardly call it barry boyish.Its the most powerful road car ford have ever made.

well i would, fake vents and 19" wheels huge, huge spoiler. also whats power got to do with it.

Looks better than the meg and the focus is not a hardcore car yet.It has touch screen sat nav and is a very nice place to sit.

id say it looks better than the R26R but i dont think it looks better than the new RS tbh, thats personal preference.

Maybe ford will release a rally spec version like the R26R in time and then you will be able to compare.At the moment though they are both luxury items and thats why i made the comparison.

err.. you REALLY dont get it, this IS fords 'rally/race' version, the big daddy, the highest model in the range. The R26R is renaults 'race' version.. even if they manage to sort out the pensions bungle and keep afloat i doubt there will be a 350-380 bhp 4x4 seen as they were so staunchly defending the need to keep FWD rather than 4WD !

thats the point, both the R26R and Focus RS are ultimate models.

the focus ST and new meganesport 2009 are on the same level and are normal, very good run of the mill models although the R26 and new meganesport get the LSD where as the Golf Gti, Focus ST, Astra VXR DONT !

which actually means, the new megane is actually around the most powerfull and lightest fwd LSD equiped hatch soon to be on sale, barring a few average exceptions to the rule like the mazda mps (just 7hp more but heavier)

really its quite simple. the only reason to compare the new meganesport to the ultimate ford model is that renaultsports are usually so good that they can keep with other models that have seriously higher power outputs..

trophy vs M5 anyone ?
R26 fast as any supersaloon on b roads articles in their reems ?

factor in usual discounts and once again if the 2009 megsport really is great then it will once again produce that VFM for performace ratio we have come to expect.

why do people want to compare or pull models down from renault ?

172//Crap Micra//Bus
FILTH!!

Correct me if im wrong, but doesnt the RS (Ford) actually stand for/represent Rallye Spec? Completly different league imo. The FRS isn't bad looking, despite the tassles, but I love this... and the power-to-weight, probably isn't that far off.

MKIII 138
FILTH!!

Correct me if im wrong, but doesnt the RS (Ford) actually stand for/represent Rallye Spec? Completly different league imo. The FRS isn't bad looking, despite the tassles, but I love this... and the power-to-weight, probably isn't that far off.

exactly,

im not knocking the FRS its an achievement and i love hothatches, the fact its probably quicker than the new STi shows how much progress fwd has made. its not bad looking at all but as ever there is always that extra large diffuser, silly massive rear wing, 19" wheels, fake bonnet vents, green paint.. tbh its not really bad its just the sort of car i know some essex boys would drive, window down shaved head lots of jewelry, DV on the go through town with a huge fast ford sticker on, i.e not really my scene.

The Megane 250 & Clio 200 both look very very good IMO.

However, I still don't like they way the mislead with the numbers. I mean, what power will the 200 really be making? Perhaps just about 190? I know it doesn't matter, but if they're going to use the numbers then IMO they should be the right ones.

MKIII 138
The Megane 250 & Clio 200 both look very very good IMO.

However, I still don't like they way the mislead with the numbers. I mean, what power will the 200 really be making? Perhaps just about 190? I know it doesn't matter, but if they're going to use the numbers then IMO they should be the right ones.

true, its prolly just a remap from 184bhp to 190bhp so yea it will possibly be only 8-9hp more max in the real world but that might make it 182 speed seen as its avaliable in a 35kg lighter cup spec

its just the sort of car i know some essex boys would drive, window down shaved head lots of jewelry, DV on the go through town with a huge fast ford sticker on, i.e not really my scene.

True... but I would say the same about this too:

imagegallery04540x303_Gallery.jpg

minus the fast ford sticker!

I do like the new 200 though, just not in green with stickers and spoiler lol!

Interesting to also read about the shorter ratios for the first 3 gears. They're obviously very aware that the 197 needs a little more torque at the wheels for it to feel as urgent as the 182. Very promising :approve:

MKIII 138

sadly i posted my previous comment before seeing that.

its a bit of a mess with all that stuff on, ditch the spoiler, stickers and get black wheels instead and it will be ok.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
that just look like the 197 lol, barr the nasty front end, and worse paint job. sounds slightly improved tho

Mini Cooper S sport

If that's the Alien Green, I quite like it - bit too much with the white stickers and wheels though.

Well it's certainly given us all something to talk about today!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Not sure how/why you wouldn’t compare the new Megane RS to the Focus RS...

Both are 3 door family sized hatchbacks
Both are FF top of the range models
Both are 250bhp+ performance cars
Both will be sold to the same market

Only difference is the price tag difference (which I'd expect to be in the region of 5k max)...

The Focus ST has been around for 4 years and is out of date...

The R26R is a track car (no radio, roll cage, plastic windows, virtual slicks). It’s probably more comparable to a westy either the above!

Until Renault bring out a more powerful version of the Megane RS then it'll always be compared to the FRS...FACT

I like it btw and I’m sure it’ll look and handle brilliantly :)