ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 and 172 exhaust production

2002 172
we do have a rough idea on pricing but, i dont want to say anything just yet untill mines been done and we can work out if its going to be a little more or a bit less. obviously we will be knocking my system in the next couple of weeks so not long to wait now :)

Tangoed Works
Twin 3inch rolled in on the 182 would be spot on. How long roughly till you have these exhausts made up. The quality looks really good.

2002 172
around a months time, probably less than that i'd imagine?

there will be a group buy to release them, that way people can experience them at a discounted rate

TVR Cerbera
Went to see Fin today, very impressed. Saw his workshop and had a look at an exhaust he was fabricating - very tidy. Impressed with the silencers, look loads better in the flesh.

I'll definatly be investing.

Daz

Hi All,
Ok Matts car is now done....

As usual all the best plans go out the window when doing this kind of stuff. Matt wanted a sporty sound (actualy 93db) And thats what he got.

Ended up doing a more basic type system using 2 x small resonator silencers Aero AR25s and then into a Custom Silenced Y pipe (made from our Aero Stealth 156 silencer......then the two tips.... No big back box's as such.

Anyway Matt has some pictures of it and Im sure he will post them up....

It does sound well :)

Oooh Tips are 3.5" Slash cut rolled end and there 12" long (Room for a little resonator silencer inside them if needs be.

Clio 182.
I hope he hurries up and posts, cos i need a new exhaust!

Then we need to know pricing Fin, dont forget you are (as yet) an unknown quantity and you have to compete with yozzasports system, which is now £389.

Id def be interested in one if they are well priced and available soon.

2002 172
hello yes my exhaust was done yesterday to the highest possible standard. extremely happy with the end result, the car feels alot more responsive in all gears and really does want to rev now. very happy indeed :)

as we speak i am uploading a couple of pics although a friend has the best pictures and most of them. tried doing a soundclip but mobile phone quality is pants so i'd rather get one done with a proper camera :)

anyway ill upload them now...

hi jim,

it would be costly as it would involve alot of bending, and playing around. though nothing is impossible ;)

again we would need the car for a day or two to make sure its fitted correctly and made the highest possible standard.

k-tec do a system for the 1.2 but it doesnt fit with the 182 rear bumper which is abit stupid.
heres a pic to give you and idea, how much roughly would it be, back box only.
182_look_3.jpg

Jim....... On tuesday this week I will be starting a project like this system you posted... A local garage that produces the V6 body Kit needs me to make a system just like this ... I'll post pictures when its done

2002 172
ok only got a couple of shots, this is my back box;

DSC00230.jpg

centre section under the car;

DSC00005.jpg

back of the car;

DSC00004.jpg

will post the best pics up when i receive them :)

Jigging the system.... Im going to want to build a few more before deciding on a finished design.... Matts system was to Matts taste (in sound and looks)

We need to try a few more options out before I decide on the best way to go.... But a Jig will be made around Matts system in the near future

The Price for a system like whats on Matts car will be £295 inc VAT

2002 172
best money ive spent fin, really transformed how the power is delivered. it feels like its revving so easily with no restriction and i still have the standard cat in! :)

thanks again fin the system really is fantastic and fits perfect. really happy bud

Worth the extra few hours getting it right (bloody 7:30pm finishes on a Saturday)

I think with the design like yours the Silenced Y section could be made slightly longer to aid silencing and then we could possibaly delete one of the front AR silenecrs for the owners that like to be a little loud :)

2002 172
lol those silencers are awesome, dont really quiet it but just make it sound damn good, fantastic components used and end result is brilliant, though i think the standard cat-centre section join needs looking at.

93.8 db is a lot quieter than the 107db we had before the Y pipe box went in..lol

And that FRENCH Exhaust joint needs a new V band around the outside

2002 172
yeah ill get a new 58mm clamp tomorrow at work, though i think we may ahve to just cut the flanges off and weld in a bit of pipe, but keep the cat in as i like it how it is :)

Clio 182.
Jigging the system.... Im going to want to build a few more before deciding on a finished design.... Matts system was to Matts taste (in sound and looks)

We need to try a few more options out before I decide on the best way to go.... But a Jig will be made around Matts system in the near future

The Price for a system like whats on Matts car will be £295 inc VAT

Sounds like a good price. What are the pros and cons of having 1 backbox rather than 2 or one like the Yozza?

http://www.yozzasport.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=yozzasport_clio_182_cup_trophy_exhaust&cat=307

Im in the market for a new exhaust, but trying to decide the best way to go. Yozza is still the top of my list, but info on your system would be interesting.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Sound Clips would definitely be Good, I have a Magnex system at the Moment but would seriously consider changing it if the Sound and Quality is good, I would love it to sound as close to Touring/Rally Car as possible :D

Benefits of this first design, which uses our Aero Stealth Silencer Range

High temp Sound media in silencers (1700 Deg C in the first 2 resonators , and 900 Deg C in the Y pipe box.

Equial gas flow out of both tips.

Equial heat in both tips

Equial discoloration of both tips (Polished stainless steel discolors to a light gold with excecive heat... It will polish back to silver but it does take some elbow grease

Reduced Weight

Mandrel Bends and all aspects of the system is flowed

And this is the basic system :)

2002 172
was pleasently surprised when both tail pipes smoked evenlly yesterday whereas before the left tailpipe was smoking more than the right.

the first thing that sprung to mind when it got struck up was rally car/ race car esque. sounds mental. hopefully i can get fin to get me some soundclips on a proper camera. also put the car on the ramps and move the camera down the system to show the quality.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely a Good Idea, Hopefully getting my annoying Magnex tweaked Tuesday (5th Bloody Time) but if it still annoys me then I could be ordering one of these :D

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Still reeeeaaaaallllllyyyyyy want one!!! Just had to a std one though as mine fell off lol!

Clio 182.
Benefits of this first design, which uses our Aero Stealth Silencer Range

High temp Sound media in silencers (1700 Deg C in the first 2 resonators , and 900 Deg C in the Y pipe box.

Equial gas flow out of both tips.

Equial heat in both tips

Equial discoloration of both tips (Polished stainless steel discolors to a light gold with excecive heat... It will polish back to silver but it does take some elbow grease

Reduced Weight

Mandrel Bends and all aspects of the system is flowed

And this is the basic system :)

Excellent! I would be interested in hearing a soundclip of matts, cos i dont want a loud exhaust really. Not unless im gunning it anyway lol.

Fin, lincoln is probably only an hour away from me, and my brother lives in Hull, so if you wanted to use my car as a tester for a diff design, i might be interested in hearing your ideas.

2002 172
its not loud unless your foot is to the floor really yes you can hear it but its not ear piercing. im really impressed with the sound. ill see when i can get fin to get some sounds clips :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
If I looked at those pictures right, the system has 3 silencers? and this system is slightly louder than your original thoughts. Any ideas of the overal weight compared to the std system?

Sorry for the 101 questions but after seeing the new Scorpion exhuast I thought about upgrading, but I don't want anything to loud and lairy

2002 172
the system does have 3 silencers, though my back box was modified as we were going to go with a different design. the full silencer should be ok to use with the tips that arent as long as the ones i have. mine is loud, 93db. on overrun it does make your ears ring lol, sounds absolutely gorgeous on acceleration. i need to find someone with a good quality video camera to do some clips for me.

J

jarfun123

What sort of design are you going to do for the 172? Quiet one hopefully!

Guys, Remember that was my first hit on the 182...What ever you want! Quiet.. to loud... its all in the combination

The front 2 silencers / Resonators are light weight and dont ad much more than if you replaced them with just tube.

As Matt said the rear box can actualy be larger to aid silencing... but its not LOUD loud at the moment... (Matt 93DB is well under track day limits and even the SVA test limit)

Clio 182.
How much do you think we'd be talking about for a nice, quiet, yet sporty system then fin?

You sticking with this single backbox design?

2002 172
only thing i will say about mine, it drones like a b*****d inside lol.

though who buys an exhaust to be quiet??

Clio 182.
Someone who doesnt want to fork out the same for a piece of tinfoil from renault, thats going to rot in 2 weeks..

Its easy to make a car sound sporty without it being loud.

Lionel Richie
blimey 3 silencers and 93db! pah, YS = 1 Silencer and 96/97 db :)

anyone else drive around shouting "power" clarkson esque?

looks really good chaps, too many silencers IMO, and the rear one is tiny with MASSIVELY long tail pipes! but i'm impressed which is rare for me to say!