ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 and 172 exhaust production

Phase 2 172 Cup
was there ever a 182 look system made for the 172 cup?

and does it need welded or can they be posted and me fit it?

TVR Cerbera
Got mine back tonight................

oh poor old Fin had some right fun and games!

Because i wanted max performance (track day car) i wanted a 2.5 inch system with no cat. when fin put the first system together i had 107 dB at 3000 rpm, loud is one way to put it! so Fin changed the rear box now i have 93dB at 3000 rpm. So much quieter than my old powerflow. Fin managed to sort all new mounting points, with a new braided bit in the middle to try and stop movement. all seems very good so far.

will post after it's settled in and give progress, but top bloke, and top one off system!

Daz

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
May be interested in one of these Systems for my 182 if I can shift my Magnex System anytime soon

Because i wanted max performance (track day car) i wanted a 2.5 inch system with no cat. when fin put the first system together i had 107 dB at 3000 rpm, loud is one way to put it! so Fin changed the rear box now i have 93dB at 3000 rpm. So much quieter than my old powerflow. Fin managed to sort all new mounting points, with a new braided bit in the middle to try and stop movement. all seems very good so far.

will post after it's settled in and give progress, but top bloke, and top one off system!

Daz

Whats it like on the road then?:)

To be honest guys.... That was my last Clio.... Ive cursed French cars to much over the last few months :)

With the system mount problems caused by the Engine moving the exhaust so much (espacialy on cars with old dog legs) Its just not worth it from a business point of view. Daz's car has a new powerflex bushed Dogleg and its still moving under load, but only a fraction of the movement Ive seen on other Clios.

BUT I think I can still help the Clio world out...

what I think is worth it, is a a better quality stock fitment Exhaust System mount.

So Thats the next project to have a go at. Ive just invested in a CNC Plasma Cutter and will be giving it a go soon.

If anyone has the stock exhaust mounts and would like to product test the new ones give me a PM

Also what would you suggest is an acceptable price for an improved mount, considering you have mass produced stock ones going for £20 each + p&p

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
That would be a Gold mine of a Product.... My OE Mounts just get Ruined so Quickly

TVR Cerbera

Daz

Whats it like on the road then?:)

Hi Fin, it's good. much quieter in the car than before, think the angle away has helped, cos it's seems only a bit quieter outside the car. no droneing whatsoever. Now i can't believe how noisy my throttle bodies are!

03072008202.gif

Well Im happy we got the job done :) Coz yours was the loudest Clio Engine to date....By a long way!!!

Will be interesting to see the next rolling road print out you get :)

BMW M5 & E36
Fin,

My standard 182 exhaust has had it and I'm on the lookout for another one, not sure yet whether it will be a 2nd hand standard until funds look better or an aftermarket system.

Would you fit an exhaust from another manufacturer now that you're not doing them for a clio anymore? Rather yourself than a monkey at tanvic or the likes. If so, how much?

Cheers,
Chris

PS I'm only down the road.