ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup boosted track toy!

172 cup, Impreza P1
Like the seats! Cage looks good too. Looks like it'll give you an extra pair of hands for the build. :p

172 cup, Impreza P1
No excuses now that the weather stopped me working on the car. Best £30 I've spent! :p

aa-75.jpg

aa-74.jpg

aa-73.jpg

Not that I needed it today but this weather is out the norm for Glasgow! 99% of the time it's pi5hing down.

Other jobs completed today were dash removed to get the sound deadening all out from behind it. Looks much better now but still a lot of wiring that I don't know if I'll touch as I'll probably make an ar5e of it and spend weeks trying to sort out! Lol

aa-72.jpg

aa-68.jpg

Some pice of the completed and primed cage platforms too.

aa-70.jpg

aa-69.jpg

aa-71.jpg

Finished the oil return for the turbo as well which look straight forward but fowls on the downpipe so that will need modified.

aa-66.jpg

And lastly trial fitted the home made vernier pulley but still need to tap it but don't have an intermediate M8 and these things are hard so I'll borrow one in work.

aa-67.jpg

Still need to make an extension for the actuator rod to mate up with the rod end as with the rotation of the turbo to accommodate the oil drain and turbo outlet means it won't line up by some margin. I have a cunning plan though so should be all good.

aa-65.jpg

All for now but more to come in the coming weeks!

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Looking good mate! Can't wait to see future updates.

you do know the chra's don't like to be tilted?

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Still awesome as ever! Home made pulleys look the tits! Any idea on when you want it running for? I need a mk2 boost friend for KH ;)

I had mine at about 25 degrees and it was pooling the turbo :( it has to be vertical. I made the mistake if getting it vertical with the engine on the stand so wasn't how it sat in the car.

Drop me a PM with your address mate and ill send out those dephasers tomorrow.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Would be better, the thing with it being tilted is the oil will puddle up inside the bearing housing.
also don't forget if you do have it tiled to the max it will be tilted even more when driving up/downhill.

so vertically is the best imo

172 cup, Impreza P1
Nice build

Thanks mate.

Would be better, the thing with it being tilted is the oil will puddle up inside the bearing housing.
also don't forget if you do have it tiled to the max it will be tilted even more when driving up/downhill.

so vertically is the best imo

Ok, get you. I'll get one of these to change the route slightly and make the housing vertical.

Thanks for your help on this!

172 cup, Impreza P1
Sorted the oil drain to maintain the turbo body to be as vertical as possible. Bit tight but worked out ok.

aa-76.jpg

aa-77.jpg

Also drilled and tapped the dephaser pulley to fix the pulley to and welded up the end of the inlet cam shft to stop any oil trying to reach the dephaser which is no longer there along with turning 5.3mm off its length to make it the same as the exhaust cam.

aa-78.jpg

aa-79.jpg

How the pulley looks complete

aa-80.jpg

Need another one made now then I can get it all timed up.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Does that clear the cambelt cover?(assuming you've already checked!!!)

I have 4 to send you now!

Good question Dan. I may need slimline cap head screws. I'll check tomorrow as the weather was too nice to be stuck in the garage today.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Checked the clearance for the cam cover and there is at least 4mm and I've still got to nip up all the cap screws so should give another 1mm.