ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup boosted track toy!

172 cup, Impreza P1
Re: 172 Cup track toy!

Hope that's a crash helmet you are referring to and not your bell end! :rasp:

225 meg

A full day is a bit long as you say for the wee man but 4 hours is not bad. Hope he likes my toy now that you've built it up. :S

Like his thinking on Subaru's but get the gold wheel idea out of his head and replace it with anthracite. Colour scheme of my P1. :approve:

See you and your boy then.
caught a glimse of your p1 in your thread somewhere looks stunning too great cars you have :)

172 cup, Impreza P1

caught a glimse of your p1 in your thread somewhere looks stunning too great cars you have :)

cheers bud. I have always loved them so decided to go for it and bought it about 3 years ago. Needs some TLC with new rear dampers, front drop links and rear brakes needing done but the Clio and junior is taking up all my time these days so it sits on the drive way. I'll get to it soon as it is great in the winter on the snow and ice. Never got stuck yet.

225 meg

bet you try and get stuck tho for the fun of getting out, think subaru is going to my next car always had a wee soft for them so think i may need to own one next :D

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

bet you try and get stuck tho for the fun of getting out, think subaru is going to my next car always had a wee soft for them so think i may need to own one next :D
You keep having babies it'll be a 7 seater next LOL!!

172 cup, Impreza P1

Got a few things done in preparation for next Saturday's knockhill track day.

Changed the oil and filter over to some millers nano drive 10w50 and got the rear brake pads and discs changed with some mintex 1144's pads and OE discs.

Still got the bucket seats and harnesses and also front ball joints to fit so hopefully it'll not be pissing down all day tomorrow to allow me to get that done.

Got the boost controller fitted so that will up the boost from 0.5bar to it's current setting of 0.9bar. It felt pretty rapid at the 0.5bar so can't wait to try it at 0.9bar. The sound is totally different to the old engine and sounds amazing at full chat!

One issue I have found is there seems to be a slight oil leak from the the turbo drain that is dripping onto the exhaust manifold and down pipe causing a bit of smoke once it's heated up. I won't have enough time to remove the engine to get this fixed before next
weekend so hopefully it won't go up in flames next week. :eek:

I'm also going to set up a manual boost gauge just to make sure it's not over boosting. I'll get some proper gauges over the winter in preparation for next year for oil temp, oil pressure, boost and afr.

225 meg

Me too Paul! Still got a few jobs to do so think I'll need to take an afternoon off work to get them done.

You still coming up then?

Steven
well am suppose to be working on sat as were hectic with a lot of work atm but trying to get it off, finish at 12 on a sat tho so miby try and get up after then if I'm workin :)

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

LOL!

137A8E07-9FE2-4593-B1B0-048446068803-245-000000126D4E847E.jpg

172 cup, Impreza P1

Met office still saying dry so I'll live in hope on that one.

Iphones talk pish anyway! :p

172 cup, Impreza P1

Lol, just checked again and there is only a 20% chance of rain. :approve:

Tonights list of jobs:
1) Fit boost controller
2) Fit boost gauge
3) Fit brake ducts and deflectors
4) Fit harnesses
5) Nut and bolt check engine mounts and front suspension

Tomorrow nights jobs:
1) Change rear offside brake caliper as it is sticking.
2) See what can be done with oil drip from turbo drain.
3) Wash it (in the dark :D)
4) :cheers:

Saturday:
1) :sleepy:
2) :coffee:
3) :race:
4) :approve:

neil a

ClioSport Club Member

Good luck on Sat hope it stays dry for use, I cant beleive my car is sitting mapped and ready to go 10 min from Knockhill and I wont be home untill Sat night :(. Is there any more trackdays/nights this month at Knockhill ?

172 cup, Impreza P1

Good luck on Sat hope it stays dry for use, I cant beleive my car is sitting mapped and ready to go 10 min from Knockhill and I wont be home untill Sat night :(. Is there any more trackdays/nights this month at Knockhill ?

Unlucky mate, I think there is another hot hatch day but not sure. You must be looking forward to getting it on track if it's all ready to go. Look forward to seeing you up there.

172 cup, Impreza P1

Time you heading up tomorrow, Steven?

Going to head off about 10. Need to get a quick car wash as it's boggin and some fuel then I'll be on my way. I'll send you a text when I'm leaving.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

Hope you got home ok mate.

Car went well, pitty about the alternator.

Gaz.

172 cup, Impreza P1

Hope you got home ok mate.

Car went well, pitty about the alternator.

Gaz.

Just got home about an hour ago. Yeah, it was the alternator after all. Got the car taken to the sis-in-laws in kirkcaldy as green flag were trying to rape me for £220 to take it home. Daveb is coming to collect it for me and bringing it home, top man!

Car did go well and I'm pleased to a degree. No major mechanical issues which was my main objective and I didn't bin it after not being on track for about a year.

Over the winter I hope to get the known niggles sorted out and get it fully mapped before the start
of next years track season.

Cheers for all your help today with the pushing. You can take the week off from the gym now! :p

Vids will be posted up shortly.

Cup In bits

Nice to meet you today mate, shame about the alternator, easy enough fix though.

Im gutted I didn't get out for a run in yours, my pals cars had a few problems of their own to help with.

172 cup, Impreza P1

Nice to meet you today mate, shame about the alternator, easy enough fix though.

Im gutted I didn't get out for a run in yours, my pals cars had a few problems of their own to help with.

Yeah, you too mate. It seems to be a day of fooked alternators. I was sitting with your mate for a while waiting on recovery trucks for both of us. His focus rs is very nice. Did he get back home ok?

I'll get you out next time when it's fixed and fully mapped with all the jiggles sorted out. Yours will be ready by then so it should be a good crack with the two very different clios.