ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

zenon bulbs

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Rite ive just got some "zenon" bulbs for my 05 dynamique, there H7 and 12 v by 100W, there not gonna melt my headlights are they :S cheers in advance

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
£12 from where i work, about £18 i think to customers

RS 200
The H7 bulbs are still halogen bulbs but the ones you will have will be of a better standard than normal.

Proper Xenon bulbs are D2S for the Mk2 Phases 2 and 3 Xenon headlight units.

I have Xenon headlights and upgraded the mainbeam and sidelights. The mainbeam bulbs were H7 halogen bulbs. :)

~Pics~ (of side light (w5w) bluevisions)

Chris

Mégane RS
if they are 100w are they rally bulbs, i think 100w bulbs are illegal, they could melt the wiring but i havent tried it myself so wouldnt know

Da

Less
100w bulbs are illegal as they are too bright and will dazzle oncoming cars. Also the wiring is rated at 10A and the 100w lamps (x2) equals more than 16A at 12volts.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
you can get them from loads of places online, also halfords have started to do them but for rally use it says on the box.

is it worth upgrading the main beam and sidelights? i have thought about it but am not sure

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
TELFORDS_LURK said:
The H7 bulbs are still halogen bulbs but the ones you will have will be of a better standard than normal.

Proper Xenon bulbs are D2S for the Mk2 Phases 2 and 3 Xenon headlight units.

I have Xenon headlights and upgraded the mainbeam and sidelights. The mainbeam bulbs were H7 halogen bulbs. :)

~Pics~ (of side light (w5w) bluevisions)

Chris

i thought that highbeam were H1?

TELFORDS_LURK said:
Non-Xenon Cars
Sidelight: w5w
Dipped Beam: H7
Main Beam: H1

Xenon Cars
Sidelight: w5w
Dipped Beam: D2S (Xenon bulb)
Main Beam: H7

Chris

Hi there,

Thanks for the info. I was wondering is it easy to fir the sidelights w5w? Do we need to remove bumper?

Cheers,
Kenn.

RS 200
k3nnis said:
Hi there,

Thanks for the info. I was wondering is it easy to fir the sidelights w5w? Do we need to remove bumper?

Cheers,
Kenn.

No need to remove bumper to change any bulbs. The sidelights themselves are abit further over towards the centre and as space is limited I found it easier to remove the main beam bulb first. The sidelight bulb istelf is just in a holder that pushes into the headlight unit, to changed them simply pull the holder out of the head light and then pull the bulb out of the holder.

Prepare yourself for some tight work and have your nimble fingers ready, especially over on the drivers side due to the placement of the Air Con pipes. :evil:

Chris

ive seen some 130W rally h1 bulbs for sale.. LOL

people with 172/182 xenons..
have any of you upgraded the h7 main beam to a higher wattage for a better full beam?
what wattage have you got and was there a big improvement?
wont dazzle any drivers as you dont have them on infront of other drivers*

*unless they have their front fogs on when its not foggy of course

TELFORDS_LURK said:
No need to remove bumper to change any bulbs. The sidelights themselves are abit further over towards the centre and as space is limited I found it easier to remove the main beam bulb first. The sidelight bulb istelf is just in a holder that pushes into the headlight unit, to changed them simply pull the holder out of the head light and then pull the bulb out of the holder.

Prepare yourself for some tight work and have your nimble fingers ready, especially over on the drivers side due to the placement of the Air Con pipes. :evil:

Chris

Thanks Chris. I will check it out:)