ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Z4M Roadster

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
boot space on the coupe is little better, but if we wanted boot space we would of bought an m5 touring

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Boot space in the coupe is MILES ahead, it's also better in the 3.0.

The twin back boxes on the //M mean you can't fit the battery in the traditional place in the boot (under the carpet), so it takes up room. In the coupe I couldn't believe the boot size, but not being able to take the roof down sucks balls.

Oh and still waiting on a writeup BWAB.

Will come soon. Just not at the comp!

Fitted the Gruppe M @Ali - can safely say it completes the car!

63f40d9fac3adae0cc7a65f49558b9a8.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Those Jubilee clips need lining up. That would bug the fcuk out of me.

Taken up to The Lakes these last few 48hours. Couple of hundred more miles on the clock (circa 500 in now) and an absolute breeze in wet/hail that we had on the way back today. Thing looks a mess with all the dirt and salt on the roads but a decent jet down has got rid of most of it.

Few things have cropped up since pick up;

- £20 Winter Health check by BMW Wilmslow has shown up a snapped rear spring. A pain as they need to be replaced in pairs, but are a known issue. Also getting a decent amount out of the dealers warranty (50% of the cost as they only cover for the faulty item, not the advised double replacement).

- a few more "steady son" flashes on the dash board shows I'm starting to find the limit of grip with the winter tyres and conditions. Nothing anywhere near arse out but good to know it's so planted in comparison to the Panzer wallowmobile.

- The Gruppe M is just utterly superb and very addictive. I will get a decent video up once the weather calms down and I get the roof down again. But @Cookie needs to buy one!!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Very jealous. Lovely motor. Disapointed with the lack of vids showing noise!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is that a cardigan? My geography teacher used to have one of them.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I think I have spare springs for these if you ever need them... Not sure if coupe has different spring poundage to the roadster.

LY 200 EDC LUX
You know your having a mid-life when your driving around in Winter with the roof down lol.

Love the car though!

I think I have spare springs for these if you ever need them... Not sure if coupe has different spring poundage to the roadster.
Interesting mate, as one has snapped. What are they out of interest - standard stuff? Parts aren't that expensive (booked in on the 17th for both rears to be done), it's just the £180p/hr labour.
You know your having a mid-life when your driving around in Winter with the roof down lol.

Love the car though!
Ha, not at all - I bought it because of the roof. Damned if I'm not going to have it down every second I possibly can!
Mid life ?! He's only 22. Had a hard life though.. IIRC he's from the north.
Pipe down, old stuff - 28!
Was it raining?
no?
Well, no need for a roof then

#justdroptopthings

Still don't like the car though. 😧
Yep!

22? More like 29!
Steady.
[It was a joke dearest gilleted emo haired one.]

No updates to report - goes in on the 17th to have the rear springs done at BMW. TBH I've been getting back at 9pm each night from work, so no time to drive. Saturday I'm out at the rugby and dinner... might be driving to the garage as the next time it gets driven and then away on hols for two weeks!
Started looking into a few other areas - PDC is one thing I thought it had that again the dealer lied about (can't see it very well in the photos and swear he changed them to the other blue one he had...). Seems to not be too bad a job either! Loom, gong, PDC sensors and a control unit, few hours at an Indy to fit and then coded by them too. Possibly £350 all in and OEM, rather than after market.

Mini GP2
Stunning car and the best colour IMO. I'd probably look at adding the CSL "rep" wheels, ok they're not the genuine CSL items but they look the t!ts.

Stunning car and the best colour IMO. I'd probably look at adding the CSL "rep" wheels, ok they're not the genuine CSL items but they look the t!ts.
In all honesty, on the Zed, I find them too fussy. Especially on the Roadster. Some Coupes look OK and they really suit the E46 (naturally)... I think I'm happy with the standards for now!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
No updates to report - goes in on the 17th to have the rear springs done at BMW. TBH I've been getting back at 9pm each night from work.
Nice to see im not the only one putting the hour's in. [emoji1]