ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Z4 Spring cleanz

Z4
I had a day off today so I spent a few hours cleaning up the car, it needed it!

Here's what I started out with:

IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

I've only waxed the car once in m ownership so I figured it was due a top up. One of those jobs where I wish I hadn't started as it was so cold!
I stripped the old wax off with some diluted APC and layered up 3 coats of AG SRP (makes a change to PB blackhole) followed by 2 coats of AG HD wax, and finished with the lovely zaino Z6.

Here are the results.
zed1.jpg

zed2.jpg

z4-2.jpg

z3.jpg

Cheers :)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Looks lovely! I used to bloody hate these but in the last year they have grown on me massively!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks superb Chris. Really suits that colour, obviously I couldn't own a Black car! :

Any more wide shots? Front end aswell?

Z4
Thanks lads.
Yeah black is a nightmare, but it does look good afterwards! I'd like something red next but we'll see :)

I didn't take many photos today as my nuts had just about fallen off but I do have a couple from other days with the roof in the correct positioning!
new11.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks awesome Chris, it's almost time to really enjoy it... just need this winter to bugger off!!!

I had a coldish, but dry journey to work this morning and about 80% throttle, it was immense fun, sideways on a curving a road entrance slip :eek:

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
Very nice, I'm definitely getting one of these when my kids fly the coop. 1's going this year but got to wait a few years till my youngest goes lol

Z4
Simply superb mate. Really liking that.

Very nice, I'm definitely getting one of these when my kids fly the coop. 1's going this year but got to wait a few years till my youngest goes lol

Thanks all. I love it. It's does everything extremely well, my only critism would be that it's a soft top!

Love that! Even the orange :eek:

Lol, yeh the ginger bits actually work on mine IMO. I've toned down the rear lights as you can see with some lamin x on the orange bit as I hated them, works well.

Looks awesome Chris, it's almost time to really enjoy it... just need this winter to bugger off!!!

I had a coldish, but dry journey to work this morning and about 80% throttle, it was immense fun, sideways on a curving a road entrance slip :eek:

Cheers mate, good to see you're still having fun too! Such underrated cars. I've just been on AT looking at the facelift 35is but I can't justify that money at the moment unfortunately :(

Get!!!!

Nice bus..2.5, 3.0?

Ta.
3.0, man spec.

Z4
Genuinely amazed at how good the car looked today! I'm sure it's glossier than yesterday? I noticed this with zaino z6 before..

The only reason I decided to polish was because I saw my neighbours new sl500 (also black) gleaming away covered in dealership LSPs, but today Im proud to say mine looked in a different league of shiney-awesomeness. Even if its not a sl500 I won the clean competition!

ST
Thanks all. I love it. It's does everything extremely well, my only critism would be that it's a soft top!

Lol, yeh the ginger bits actually work on mine IMO. I've toned down the rear lights as you can see with some lamin x on the orange bit as I hated them, works well.

Cheers mate, good to see you're still having fun too! Such underrated cars. I've just been on AT looking at the facelift 35is but I can't justify that money at the moment unfortunately :(

Get!!!!

Ta.
3.0, man spec.

Bosses motor.. Friend of mine has the 2.0.. Oh how I love reminding him that he should've at least went for the 2.5, he usually replies 'I only bought it for the looks' flol!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You could say who the hell buys a Z4 without buying the ///M! ;)

Nice cars though, i miss mine...A little.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Aye! Lad from Bath bought it! 1hour after picking it up he got a speeding ticket! lol!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols! Was a facking clean example mate. What you posing in now?

Z4
Shame you sold it Ali, bloody loved yours.

As for who? Those that want 70% of the performance and 25% of the running costs ;)

As an ex M3 owner, I'd say 80% of the performance tbh. It's more useable power too as the torque comes in much lower in the power band. Iirc the m54 engine won engine of the year a couple of years on the trot! On track it's a different matter, the Ms love to rev making it much more rewarding.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Lovely jubbly! Pics and a thread please!

Meh...may get round to it.

Fire damaged with stolen CSL's.

lol! No. Not this time.

As an ex M3 owner, I'd say 80% of the performance tbh. It's more useable power too as the torque comes in much lower in the power band. Iirc the m54 engine won engine of the year a couple of years on the trot! On track it's a different matter, the Ms love to rev making it much more rewarding.

70-80% is probably right. But I fail to see how it's more usable power?! The ///M, quite simply has more, so logic dictates that it would also be better across the power band. Surely!?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I was referring to the z4 vs z4m, didn't bring the M3 into it... how are you finding the E92 Ali? Does it feel massive in comparison? The zed is so nimble and sitting over the rear wheels means whenever I drive something "normal sized" it feels very lazy and indirect.

Z4
70-80% is probably right. But I fail to see how it's more usable power?! The ///M, quite simply has more, so logic dictates that it would also be better across the power band. Surely!?

There's not a lot in it, I thought the m54 has the torque from lower down in the revs, I could be wrong. Iirc it produces 90% of its max torque from 1500rpm, it's definitely smoother to drive day to day which is nice when you're not 'on it'

Get a thread on on your M! I've grown to them, didn't like them at first but they're a grower. They don't have the v8 burble you'd naturally expect which is disappointing. My mate has one on finance, got a bloody good deal which got me thinking but tbh I don't want to rent a car!