ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Z4 Before Winter

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
So, today I braved the cold and cleaned the car one last time before it (probably) goes into winter mode.

I was planning to do a panel test with the AF Sprit Wax once I'd finished cleaning it, unfortunately it'd got dark by the time I was onto drying :banghead: so I'll be doing that this weekend instead.

The plan was to finish it, wait a bit, then pop out, take it to the local underground carpark and get a few shots. So, off I popped, an in the hour I'd spend inside it had hammered it down :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Anyway, grabbed the microfibres, dried it off and took it to the carpark. The lights seemed to be set STRONGLY on orange. So after what felt like pointless pictures, then a ton of editing, I ended up with these:

They're not great, but after all the faff, I had to post something :eek:

10967309713_ded2886062_z.png

10967056555_0f665b11d4_z.png

10967058985_937c050545_z.png

10967059585_2451f82413_z.png

10967312083_37429e99b4_z.png

10967060475_1ab67b2af0_z.png

I've got a few interior bits coming to tidy things up further (cupholders, new handbrake gaitor/arm rest etc etc), and I'm also 'jonesing' for hard top and really want to fit my god damn xenons that are in the garage. :evil:

It should be going full winter mode soon, as long as I pull my finger out and get the style 32's painted silver or plain anthracite, I'll get some dodgy tyres sorted and rock about on those.

Comments welcome, unless you want to tell me the photos are s**t, I know that already. :D

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love it Rob. Still so fresh!

Hardtop for winter?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Some nice shots there Rob. Car looks really good too, second to last shot is blurry though ;)
Have looked at the hard top versions recently but probably not practical enough for me (space wise)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Looks lovely mate, super clean. Hardtop would be the icing on the cake I reckon.

There's one up for sale mate, tempted doesn't cover it. BUT I'm being proper good with money lately, like boring good, so I really can't justify throwing 750-800 on it, even if it is the right colour etc :(
You'll get the money back though :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
There's one up for sale mate, tempted doesn't cover it. BUT I'm being proper good with money lately, like boring good, so I really can't justify throwing 750-800 on it, even if it is the right colour etc :(

Personally I wouldn't either mate! :eek:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Some nice shots there Rob. Car looks really good too, second to last shot is blurry though ;)
Have looked at the hard top versions recently but probably not practical enough for me (space wise)

Cheers mate, blurry. LOL!

The coupe is pretty massive inside, really surprised me boot wise etc!

Looks lovely mate, super clean. Hardtop would be the icing on the cake I reckon.

Cheers mate, don't tempt me.

You'll get the money back though :)

As above, I 100% agree with you, it's 1000% depreciation free, but at the moment I'm paying off a bit of debt here and there, so it's money that could be better spent elsewhere TBH. That's my issue.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Over the winter months, I know full well that if I wanted to drop the top at any point, I'd know it before setting off TBH.

Well obviously as you walk out the front door, you'd note it is not raining and take the top down before you get to the seat.

Otherwise, you're a fairy IIRC.

TTRS & V50
Winter wheels, with dodgy tyres, not sure on the logic there ?

Great photos btw, looking good for nearly 11 years old !

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Winter wheels, with dodgy tyres, not sure on the logic there ?

Great photos btw, looking good for nearly 11 years old !

Cheers mate, logic goes as follows:

Winter wheels are not for me to grip because driving RWD is dangerous (omg etc), but just to preserve the wheels that are on there really. Parking when you can't see kerbs etc, the ice and salt in general.

Photos are shAt. Wait, wut?

I'm not happy with them, but sure.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Yep - that looks s**t... :p

Just kidding, Rob. It still looks great and the photos aren't too bad either. Even though it's been around a good few years now I still think the shape and stance on these cars look spot on.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yep - that looks s**t... :p

Just kidding, Rob. It still looks great and the photos aren't too bad either. Even though it's been around a good few years now I still think the shape and stance on these cars look spot on.

How's the troph.... oh ;)

Cheers mate, the shape has held TBH, but I think that's largely because it was made right up to 08/09!

These cars are slightly growing on me. I'm not even a BMW man.

I blame you. FU.

I'd apologise, but it's a trend. Have you see how many are on here now?

Looks very nice rob.

Cheers Ian.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I may actually be selling up in a months time or so now... I've found a facelift for a great price, great spec, nice colour. Going to have a look Tuesday and then sort out funding if it's all good.

Then I'll have this up for sale. With the amount of bits I've done to it I probably shouldn't, but it's a good deal on the other and I'm a sucker for a deal.

Love this thing. Looks fantastic. I strangely like it on the 32's too.

I really like the style 32's. The most stupid thing I've done in a while was paint them stupidly with Ant, getting all excited about the track day.

We sanded them down, painted them BMW sparkling graphite. Initially they looked mint, like seriously, then we stared throwing luminous green paint at them.

GREAT for a track day, why not, but they looked so good before and they make perfect winter wheels.

If I have the patience, I'm not entirely sure I do, then I'll sort them out.

Good work bobert mugabe. Good work.

The ride height and 'stance' (I hate that word) is perfect. So purposeful.

Thanks Cubbington.

TomSx my point still stands about the QS, buddy. Let me know.
Rob, thought you were saving for a Z4///Munson Roadster or Porka? Re text last night, clearly need to be car fwends!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Looks great rob... If your not buying A hardtop for yours buy me one for my e36 :eek:

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Looks awesome mate!

Can't help but feel you've shot yourself in the foot a little bit though with the engine choice, everyone knows the 2.0 4 pot is the one to go for! :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
TomSx my point still stands about the QS, buddy. Let me know.
Rob, thought you were saving for a Z4///Munson Roadster or Porka? Re text last night, clearly need to be car fwends!

This other motor is a great price, and I love the facelift, so I'm thinking "f**k it".

Looks awesome mate!

Can't help but feel you've shot yourself in the foot a little bit though with the engine choice, everyone knows the 2.0 4 pot is the one to go for! :)

Matthew's going to hate you. LOL!

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
Car looks glorious mate, tell me more about them, what its like to drive, living with it etc.

I'm in the market for a new car, originally looking for E46 330ci cab, but its quite difficult to find decent spec car with a manual and decent mileage, and since i'll be in a 7th Gen 2L Honda Accord in feb, practicallity is no longer an issue, so i've been looking at some fun cars, also it will be my daily.

tbf, I've only been looking at a 986 Boxster (Which i've had the pleasure of test driving my Buddies, awesome machine, sounds awesome) and recently 3.0 Z4s which imo look the better car.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Car looks glorious mate, tell me more about them, what its like to drive, living with it etc.

I'm in the market for a new car, originally looking for E46 330ci cab, but its quite difficult to find decent spec car with a manual and decent mileage, and since i'll be in a 7th Gen 2L Honda Accord in feb, practicallity is no longer an issue, so i've been looking at some fun cars, also it will be my daily.

tbf, I've only been looking at a 986 Boxster (Which i've had the pleasure of test driving my Buddies, awesome machine, sounds awesome) and recently 3.0 Z4s which imo look the better car.

Ok, here goes:

It's quite a "normal" car to live with as long as you don't need four seats. It has a decent enough boot (easily take a suitcase, even two small ones) and it's a comfy enough drive even at 6'2.

Where it excels for me is that the components are about 10x cheaper than the Porsche. For example, two new top quality front wishbones and the associated bushes cost me under £250 and I fitted them myself, easy.

Servicing is peanuts, it's chain driven so no expensive cambelt, and the two belts are changed in about 30 minutes. Even "big" bits like a new clutch, being RWD is about £300 in labour.

I use mine daily, and cover north of 12k a year, no problems. Use it to go to work, to drive to the lake district once a year, all sorts. I even drive it all through the snow in winter. I'm a massive fan of them TBH (hence wanting another) and the funny thing is I bought it on a whim.

The dash is really modern for an older car and they really are pretty well spec'd up generally.

If you weren't so far away I'd say that you'd be more than welcome to have a run out in mine. They're a lot of fun with the TC off too if you're that way inclined.

Downsides:

It is quite low, but not overly, I still get in and out fine but some find it hard.

It's a 3.0 petrol, it's not going to do 50MPG (but does manage 28 around town and 40 on the motorway if you keep the speed legal)

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
Cheers for the response Rob, my daily drive consists of motorway miles, and the addition of being young and not many bills to pay I can get away with easily affording one.

I had a nice payout from a Tax rebate and it was on payday aswell so i've got quite a bit of cash in my Savings, but Since I'll be in a 2L Accord in Feb, i'm intending to hold off till may (That's the month I had my license), So insurance should be little bit cheaper when a) I'm another year older @22 and b) i'll have another year to my license c) I could potentially be able to afford the 3.0si which would be lovely.