ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yozza Group Buy 2010 + Fitting a Yozza!

/y0z

sorry if you've already taken this on board but mine is 6 weeks off road awaiting exhaust for MOT so I'd really appreciate being in next batch. Ta.

Yozza'd BG
Pics of fitting and the final result...

The exhaust arrives
DSC00901.jpg

After about 10 minutes of unwrapping
DSC00902.jpg

Old vs New :D
DSC00906.jpg

DSC00905.jpg

Fitting begins (note the yozza fits around the rear axle)
DSC00907.jpg

My very own personal mechanic (otherwise known as dad) lining up the backbox after installing the new rear exhaust mounts including some nice new stainless steel spacers and a once over of everything with some silicone grease
DSC00909.jpg

DSC00908.jpg

The final result :approve:
DSC00915.jpg

Was going to take a video for those who have not yet had theirs delivered but believe me...no video can give you a true idea of just how LOUD it is!!! As Clayton says, it does have its chav appeal (especially when you first take the car for a spin) but i seem to be getting used to it now and the noise is 100% unobtrusive on motorways whilst making a good noise around town when you're below the 3k mark!:race:

Nick

Arctic 182 + yozza
nick, not sure as cant see the final result but third pic from last looks like the exhaust is almost in the bumper!?

mine's about an inch out, perfect imo

teaser:

DSC_0817.jpg

Mondeo TDCi
looks good mine sticks out a little more, also mine didnt come with a new coupler (no idea if thats what it is called?!!) to join the centre section to the cat. just used the old rusty one with some wd40 :)

Yozza'd BG
nice post nick. Looks amazing! P.s mechanic dad FTW!

flol, cheers mate!

nick, not sure as cant see the final result but third pic from last looks like the exhaust is almost in the bumper!?

mine's about an inch out, perfect imo

teaser:

DSC_0817.jpg

Love that colour! Ye, the left one was further in than the right at that point but after moving things about they're now even. However, they are still both about 1/2 an inch out from the bumper where as I would have preferred them out a bit further...still, you can only do what you can only do!

Lionel Richie
need to adjust the engine mounts, cars with hooky engine mounts end up with the tailpipes sitting further under the bumper, its no biggie

Yozza'd BG
mine are from renault so hope they're not hooky. they've been adjusted back and forth and it makes very little difference.

I will do what I can to make sure that the people who have said they are desperate can be sorted first - I'll also try to make sure that their exhausts arrive first too.

;-)

/y0z

Yozza'd Monster 182
i take it there is still no more been sent out/finished yet? Any chance they will be with us by next weekend?

Clio 182FF
The other five went yesterday as per plan.

/y0z

Yoz have you sent the next 5 out to the next five on the list on the original group buy? It's only that some people got in early on the group buy and certainly in the first 10, including myself, and I don't really want to have to wait even longer than those who came in on this at the last minute after the initial 10 committed early to this GB.
Looming forward to receiving this v soon hopefully.

Yozza'd BG
No point worrying about that mate cos nobodies gonna see it...just think of it as the sign of an authentic hand-made product!;)

Nothing at the mo :(
I know nobody will see it but thats not the point. Its meant to be a quality made bit of kit, alot of weld splatter is not quality.

Im not high jacking it.. But on the previous group buy my exhaust had weld splatter to.. i didnt say anything though but it is slightly of putting..

I havent had a proper look at mine yet, just shoved it in the back of the car last night for fitting this evening. I'll let you know tonight if mine is the same :)

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member
Im not high jacking it.. But on the previous group buy my exhaust had weld splatter to.. i didnt say anything though but it is slightly of putting..

It is really off putting for me, every other aftermarket exhaust I have had has been higher quality than this: for example the Peugeot Sport exhaust I had on 106 xsi, every weld on that was like a work of art.

Some of the welds look questionable on the Yozza system I've recieved and the fact there is alot of splatter is not very impressive from whats meant to be a quality product.

anyone else not receive the coupler to connect the centre section to the cat?

If you mean the (relatively) light-weight two piece clamp shown top left in pic. 4 of Nick's post on previous page I got one although it was loosely fitted around one of the back-box pipes. I put it down to "one of those things".

If you mean something else then no - I don't have it either.

Are you meant to fit a gasket between the back of the long pipe and the back box itself. The flanges look to be made for one. Just don't want any unnecessary delay when I take it into garage for fitting.

Fred - have you got that fitting guidance you mentioned please? Don't want any other last minute muck ups! Ta.

Mondeo TDCi
If you mean the (relatively) light-weight two piece clamp shown top left in pic. 4 of Nick's post on previous page I got one although it was loosely fitted around one of the back-box pipes. I put it down to "one of those things".

Yeah that's the one, I didnt get one. Had to use the old rusty one from my OEM exhaust!

Just fitted mine. Sounds good so far! ;)

Had to tweak it a bit to fit, and it seems the right tail pipe is angled slightled to the left (as you look at the rear) but it doesnt bother me.

Fitted today (followed by a successful MOT).

Mechanic was slightly surprised at amount of weld spatter; thought the back box flange bolts were too short ("no thread showing" - replaced with longer ones); was surprised that the rod used for the back box hangers was quite a bit smaller diameter than the OE rod.

Are we supposed to use bushes or are the back box rods meant to be a loose fit in the standard mounts?

My mount rubbers are quite worn but with a bit of zip-tie "assistance" he got it hanging spot on - although as I parked up it looks like it may have drooped a bit. Will check tomorrow.

Happy with the sound. If anything a bit boomy between 2,500 - 3,000 rpm; smooths out at 3,000; gets urgent at 4,000 but not unpleasant.

Pics. tomorrow (if we need anymore!?).

Yozza'd BG
Fitted today (followed by a successful MOT).

Mechanic was slightly surprised at amount of weld spatter; thought the back box flange bolts were too short ("no thread showing" - replaced with longer ones); was surprised that the rod used for the back box hangers was quite a bit smaller diameter than the OE rod.

Are we supposed to use bushes or are the back box rods meant to be a loose fit in the standard mounts?

My mount rubbers are quite worn but with a bit of zip-tie "assistance" he got it hanging spot on - although as I parked up it looks like it may have drooped a bit. Will check tomorrow.

Happy with the sound. If anything a bit boomy between 2,500 - 3,000 rpm; smooths out at 3,000; gets urgent at 4,000 but not unpleasant.

Pics. tomorrow (if we need anymore!?).

I used little plastic rectangles from a peace of plastic sheet folded into a loop to act as bushes for the rear exhaust mount holes.

You'l get used to the boomyness between 2'500 and 3'000 and soon you'l be after more!!!:evil:

Clio 182FF
Still haven't got mine yet!!! Apparently it's been sent out so I should get it Tuesday! Anyone else still waiting for theirs?
Gotta say I'm disappointed with delivery time on this as we were told they'd be sent out first week of may and it's 1st June tomorrow!!

Lionel Richie
it was explained to you there was a delay and everything was done to get them sent ASAP

anyway fitting instructions

remove old system

now slacken off the cat to mainfold joint slightly
loosley fit the centre section to the cat and fit the back box to the car and bolt up tight to the centre section

at this point you might have to slacken off the rear hangers

now you'll need a mate to align the tailpipes in the rear cutouts and hold it in place whilst you tighten the cat/centre section joint

fairly straight forward, if it doesn't sit sttraight you've c**ked up

RS 189.9
Still haven't got mine yet!!! Apparently it's been sent out so I should get it Tuesday! Anyone else still waiting for theirs?
Gotta say I'm disappointed with delivery time on this as we were told they'd be sent out first week of may and it's 1st June tomorrow!!

Yeahhh i havent recieved mine as of yet, hoping it will come early this week! Slightly dissapointed with the lack of communication if im honest, the wait doesnt bother me, if i know how long im waiting for.

182 FF
Any idea if there will be another group buy soon? Only got my 182 on friday so kinda just missed out on this one.