ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yozza fitting issues

Arctic 182
Anybody know if the yozza rear mount is aftermarket or standard renault item. Having trouble fitting mine as i have an afternarket from a ktr ultrasport.

Just need to know which item to buy.

Ta

20151205_093426.jpg

Last edited:
  RB 182
All Yozza systems used OEM mounts. I believe the BTM system used a bespoke mount like that, but they are all custom to suit the exhaust so that will only work with a KTR system and vice versa.

Arctic 182
Right dudessssss, have had the new mounts fitted and the exhaust still looked like it had had a few too many
20151228_124225.jpg

I've then had new holes drilled into my Prima mounts to pull it up a bit
primasport3.jpg

This was made in the top centre to get the height right. The problem is now that the tailpipes are sitting too far back - not sure why.
I was looking at getting a flange spacer to push it out before I melt my bumper off.

90035000.jpg

Anyone know what size bore the Yozza is? @y0z2a
20160123_155028.jpg

20160123_155032.jpg

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Wow that looks sh1te.. You almost had it better the first time.. How come they're sitting so far in?

Get them close enough using the holes on the exhaust hanger, then bend the exhausts mounting bars till it lines up.. I used a superfire2 plumbers blow lamp to warm them and bend them till perfect. In the shop I'd have used a torch.

Fitting a zorst can be a right anus sometimes.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Surely you've pushed the zorst into its sleeve more than needed? Bang it out an inch or so...

Also the rear bumper has little brackets that bend, you can adjust the bumper to the exhaust a little and meet in the middle by using the power of bend..

Arctic 182
Haha love the honesty. I didnt fit it. But i know that the joint from the muffler pipe to the down pipe is like this. So there is no sleeve to pull out...

uploadfromtaptalk1453573673780.jpg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I had serious fitting issues with my Yozza and no matter what it was not correct.
All new mounts and everything fitted and it still looked like this

CityBypass01.jpg

Sept008-1.jpg

I took my car to SWR stirling and got it all sorted, They TIG welded a small section into the centre section exhaust to add some length and re aligned all the mounts and brackets along with all new nuts / bolts and CAT fitting kit for me and now it sits almost perfect.

Like you i put a 3" gasket between the Backbox and centre section altho its been said by @y0z2a that its not needed.

CAS14.jpg

Arctic 182
I had serious fitting issues with my Yozza and no matter what it was not correct.
All new mounts and everything fitted and it still looked like this

CityBypass01.jpg

Sept008-1.jpg

I took my car to SWR stirling and got it all sorted, They TIG welded a small section into the centre section exhaust to add some length and re aligned all the mounts and brackets along with all new nuts / bolts and CAT fitting kit for me and now it sits almost perfect.

Like you i put a 3" gasket between the Backbox and centre section altho its been said by @y0z2a that its not needed.

CAS14.jpg
Do you remember where you got the gasket from mate?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I walked into Euro Car Parts and asked for some 3" gaskets, There was a few to choose from so i bought them all as the bolt spacing was different.

One like this below fitted perfect.

category366_thumb_full.jpg

Guys,
Don't really know what to suggest.
The exhaust was always made to work with standard mounts, and jiggling those a little, in 99.5% of situations, the system sat perfectly.
I haven't seen the Prima items before, so can't comment.
We never put anything other than UHT silicon between the flanges.
That is all.
/y0z

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
I had to get a extra two inches added to the centre section, this is a photo of before hand:

8611393700_9f6d435730_z.jpg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
@TonkaTruck thats 3 clios with all the same issue but yet they are meant to be a perfect & direct fit.

Like you i got a section cut and added

Arctic 182
Hi dudes,

Im thinking of having the center piece cut and something like this exhaust sleeve clamped in.

Question; do you think that this would put any restriction on the exhaust?

$_57.jpg