ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

your thoughts

A number of clios
hi all ive not been on here for a while as ive not owned a clio for a good 2-3 years but after havin my import jap cars ive decided to go back to my old ways and buy another clio,

cutting story short ive got 4k to spend ive been looking at 172 ph2's and 172 cups,my cousin is as sales man at my local renault dealer and just had a black 182 taken in part ex and said i can hav it for 4k, its a 54 plate lowish mileage in good condition but only downside it as no cup packs and its an import, so my question is simple is it worth the 4k or not or shall i carry on looking for a 172

thanks shaun

RB 182 cup
Not worth it. Definately go for the 172. You can get a mint 172cup for around 4k. A good 182 you will be looking at 5k+

Clio
^^^You don't know the condition of the 182

If the 182 is got a good history and is straight go for it if you think you are getting a good deal

A number of clios
yeah i thought as much cheers mate i love the 172 cup looks but the interior puts me off lol

RB 182 cup
^^^You don't know the condition of the 182

If the 182 is got a good history and is straight go for it if you think you are getting a good deal

Of course if its in great condition then fine, but with no cup packs and being an import meaning more on insurance i'd be looking elsewhere. All in my opinion of course.

Clio
Of course if its in great condition then fine, but with no cup packs and being an import meaning more on insurance i'd be looking elsewhere. All in my opinion of course.

Does the import mean more? My Vee is an import and it is the same as if it wasn't.

If we are honest we'd need to know more about the 182 before we decided.

OP ... Has your renault man told you what they'd stick it up for on the forecourt?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Good price, make sure it's had the belts done as that's expensive. Don't know if 182 is same but my 172 is an import and only differences are no alarm, etched windows or locking wheel nuts. But it's quite cheap to fit those, cup spoiler is about £150 second hand, and you'd probably change the cup suspension eventually anyway.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Does the import mean more? My Vee is an import and it is the same as if it wasn't.

If we are honest we'd need to know more about the 182 before we decided.

OP ... Has your renault man told you what they'd stick it up for on the forecourt?

My 172 is an import and I don't pay more for insurance either. I'd guess it'd be put up on forecourt for £5500.

A number of clios
insurance on a import isnt a prob as my last 3 cars have been jap imports im going down to look at the car tomorrow, he said theres no difference only alarm and wheel nuts, i just was unsure about the price, but looking around pistonheads and autotrader doesnt seem bad as long as the history is in order, im not up on clios anymore so thought id put it to you guys to help me out n give me advice :)

Clio
My 172 is an import and I don't pay more for insurance either. I'd guess it'd be put up on forecourt for £5500.

Didn't think an import made any difference. I'm with elephant. So in theory if its in good nick he could buy it drive it for 6 months a year if lucky and still sell on for the same price maybe a slight profit. Your average joe isn't going to know about cup packs and imports anyway.

RB 182 cup

Interesting. I always thought generally imports where more to insure. My brother had loads of trouble trying to insure an imported DC2 and just couldnt find anyone to insure him, but then was fine with a UK spec

Anyway back to subject...i will step down!

A number of clios
ive had both uk and import dc2 n insurance was about 100 diifference but there grey imports and come under a different cat i think the clio is classed as something else begining with p i think cant rember the word lol

Clio
Interesting. I always thought generally imports where more to insure. My brother had loads of trouble trying to insure an imported DC2 and just couldnt find anyone to insure him, but then was fine with a UK spec

Anyway back to subject...i will step down!

I think you'll find there is a difference between Jap imports and the importing of EU cars, I'm not sure how it works, but they aren't actually registered until they get to the UK, I think they are just safety checked and go through all the over shizzle outside the UK such as having different security and things.

I maybe wrong though as I know little about cars.