ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your New Yorkshire Reps

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Myself (jim) and Matthew (erm Matthew) have now been appointed the new area reps for the Yorkshire area!

To be honest, nobody else applied so we got the job by default rather than on merit but we're going to give it a shot.

I am the area rep for north yorks and humberside and Matt is the rep for West Yorkshire.

I'm hoping to get some meets sorted out in the near future. I'm not one for going for meals and ten pin bowling and stuff so will be concentrating on car related meets - east coast drives, buttertubs, track days and stuff like that.

The Yorkshire area used to be quite vibrant a few years ago so I'm hoping we can bring back the good old days and get some new members along.

Hi!

As Jim has already said tbh; we got the positions by default really.

I'm also not one for ten pin bowling and meals etc, but I have organised some really good driving meets over the years, so hoping to resurrect some of them!

If anyone fancies doing the 'south' of Yorkshire - PM Dan or Ron the admin guys, and they will have a chat with you :)

ph2 clio sport 172
Congratulations guys, also not really bothered for meals, bowling etc, but driving and track days meets I would look forward too. Hopefully Clio will be ready for track after Christmas so be bound for Blyton soon :)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Tempted for the South Yorkshire position, I know there's a few members local to me.

CLIO 182
I agree. I'm not doing owt for the next few weekends. Drive somewhere?

@dann2707 @Ant_Smiggy

Can bring an SLR and ropey photography skills to meets as well.

Sounds great! Sadly I'm busy these next couple of weekends I'm away with work this weekend but I may be free this Sunday actually?! And with the misses next weekend!

Any one free this Sunday?

If the weather is good snakes pass is always a wicked drive with great pub in the middle of it?

Just a thought :D

CLIO 182
Well up for doing something soon! Can't this weekend though as I've already made plans.

Next Saturday I could be free though or the Sunday!
Finding a free day for everyone is always the hard part lol definitely can't do next weekend as the misses would s**t a brick

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
That's it. It's very rare that everyone has the same day free.

A good idea that I've seen on other forums is a montly meet in a specific location. The RenaultSport guys used to meet at a pub with a decent sized car park the first Wednesday (I think) of each month. I think it's good because after the first one it's effortless and doesn't need planning. People who can't make it can probably make the one after etc.

Might be worth a look in? Or not? :wink:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Would need to be fairly central. I never bothered with TOPO as it was a right drive from me.
It's half an hour on the motorway!
I miss the TOPO days, if you do a Sunday one I'll attempt to attend as I travel back south from Yorkshire most Sundays.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
It's half an hour on the motorway!
I miss the TOPO days, if you do a Sunday one I'll attempt to attend as I travel back south from Yorkshire most Sundays.

Hello mate. Not seen you in here in a while.

Looks like this has gone the classic Yorkshire route of zilch lol. Every other are has loads of stuff popping up. At least we're consistent ;)

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Congrats on beating all the competition and getting the posts Matt, Jim:smiley:.
I'd be up for a TOPO meet. Would be nice to see some good meets of old in the future and will try and make it to some...