ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

your insurance cost & who you're with at what age? sport models only

MR2 Mk1.5
Why is he right? He can choose not to read the thread if he wants. There are loads of threads many of us dont read after looking at the title because we choose not to.

People think they are being helpful by all posting up their prices, in reality it is not really helping anyone, that is the main point I was making.

RS mk2 172
Yes and we are paying members.

Just thought it a bit funny slating the thread in one breath and touting from it in the other thats all.

RS mk2 172
People think they are being helpful by all posting up their prices, in reality it is not really helping anyone, that is the main point I was making.

No worries m8. I suppose its as pointless as many other threads on here asking what model do we all drive...etc...etc..

The point I made about daily threads on this subject was what SkyIns was refering to... There are at least three below this one that show people's prices, their car, their age etc etc. Hence our reactions to this thread being a wee bit pointless.

Arctic 182 + yozza
looks like i got a steal.

im 21
2005 182
one fault accident
sp30
all mods declared
£868 with admiral

Clio & Mini
i recently got a quote for fully comp 1500 on a modded 182, i am 20, 2 ncb but sadly i think i might have 3 to 9 points coming but thats a long story and ends my dreams if not my driving all together, but theres an example.

Looking....
Clio 172 no mods.
31yr old protected no claim.
Mrs on the policy
£350.
We pay the same to insure us both on her 55plate works cooper.

Evo 5 RS
Clio 172 W Reg Phase 1

£950 fully comp non protected no claims
3 years NCB
25 years old
Extensively modified (over 200bhp) all declared.
12 month policy
Adrian Flux

MG ZR 1.8
18 years old (19 in April)

2003 non sport 1.4 16v
£800 insurance, admiral

Soon buying a 1*2
£1013 insurance, admiral :D

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Clio Iceberg 172 Cup

£480 fully comp protected no claims
8 years NCB
31 years old
Modified (Circa 200ish bhp) all declared.
12 month policy
Brentacre

Non Sport Megane
19, 0 NCB, 3 crashes... 2 fault, got screwed for the 3rd! PH1 172, admiral multi car, both parents as named drivers, ready for the BOMB! just shy of 5.5k ass raped i know... already been slated for paying so much...

MG ZR 1.8
19, 0 NCB, 3 crashes... 2 fault, got screwed for the 3rd! PH1 172, admiral multi car, both parents as named drivers, ready for the BOMB! just shy of 5.5k ass raped i know... already been slated for paying so much...

Oh my! Why the hell are you paying that?! Crickey.

MINI Cooper S JCW
full ncb 10yrs
0 points
2002 172
fully comp Admiral £863

getting robbed i think for my age etc, cheapest i can find though!

BMW 535d
I dont understand how some of you have such high quotes

My turbo williams 1 with ALL mods declared was 1640 a year. I thought that was brilliant tbh

Brentacre seem to honour quite a few highly modified cars as IMO you are less likely to crash them because of the work that has gone into them

Non Sport Megane
Oh my! Why the hell are you paying that?! Crickey.
Love my car tbh, i know the insurance is super high, but it puts a smile on my face everytime i drive it

Haha that's crazy! How have you had 3 crashes already?!

1st crash was within 2 weeks of driving, hit a wall, misjudged a driveway, was within 2 weeks of passing my test, 2nd some woman drove into the side of me, on a dual carraige way, obviously i wasnt going to admit liabily, because it wasnt my fault, but she wouldnt admit either, and as there was no witness's it got settled 50/50, but as im TPF&T i didnt get anything out of it except loosing the NCB i was trying to build! 3rd i hit a cyclist completely my fault, i admitted straight away lol... some of them are pretty stupid i know!

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
No doubt the cyclist was in the middle of the road and going overly slow anyways! Probally deserved it haha, I know 90% of the ones in Bristol do! An that's just bad luck man, if I hit a wall, I personally wouldn't have declared it unless seen.

172/vx220t/m135i
Cheapest i could get was £406 with the wife as a named driver through hastings essential, 7 yrs ncb age 36.

LY Megane R26
I paid £900 something I think last year on my 52 plate 172 Cup with Admiral, at only 21 with 3 years driving exp, 1 year NCB and a £1,000 crash at my fault in my first car.

I'm now 22 (just), 4 years driving, 2 years NCB and 1 crash at my fault with £1,000 damage and they wanted £744.
I added another 3,000 miles a year, add my modifications which inc Eibach springs, Sabelt Wheel, Stripped out rear and upgraded brakes (Ferodo DS2500 + Brembo HC) and its £802 which I'm pleased about.

I'v always find and did read it as a tip to lower the price once. That if you add named drivers it can lower the price. Well I have my two Nans as named drivers on my policys as I find they lower it a ridiculous amounts! £1,364 they wanted without them, so thats a £564 differance!
Now I don't think this is illigal as they are only named drivers and even if they drive it 5mins down the road once a year. My Nan has actully drove my car a few times to family meals if I fancy a drink etc.

It's not like where Dads/Mums would be the keeper, main driver etc, with the Son/Daughter as a named driver who was driving it everyday more than them. I believe they have had a crack down on this.

If anyone knows otherwise let me know!

Non Sport Megane
No doubt the cyclist was in the middle of the road and going overly slow anyways! Probally deserved it haha, I know 90% of the ones in Bristol do! An that's just bad luck man, if I hit a wall, I personally wouldn't have declared it unless seen.
Haha, no i was pulling out of a junction, the nose of the car, went out literally 2ft! :L there was like 2.5k damage to the car, had to go through the insurance! :L wasnt even my own car, was my mums lol

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I think a big thing in these threads that is always missing is mileage limitations.

Insuring a car for 3K miles is always going to be considerably cheaper than insuring it for 30K miles.

Clio 172 Cup

Jenvey ITBs, Omex 600, Full roll cage, Stripped, Bucket seats, Harnesses, 2118's, Group N exhaust system, coilovers etc.. etc.. etc..
200+ bhp, everything fully declared and like-for-like cover on all mods

£577 a year with protected NCB

Being in your 30's has some advantages ;)

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
just gone past the mid 30's.

182 cup specced, all mods declared, even have the misses on the policy and shes 7 years younger than me - £430
59 plate FRS, all mods declared and running just over 400bhp - £510
4.0 Jeep cherokee, standard vehicle used for a tow vehicle, dog vehicle and general bumming about - £270

all done thru a close friend @ Keith Micheals.

FF 182
Clio 182 04 Plate
24 with 2 years NCB and 22 year old gf on also and all mods declared
Fully Comp £765 with Elephant

BG 182
172 Cup
21 years old
3 years no claims
£1000 with Churchill, cheapest I found funny enough, as Chruchill have tried ripping me off since I've been driving

Clio 182, springs & exhaust
25 years old
8-9 years NCB (cant remember exactly)
Fully comp
£650 ish with Brentacre but works out nearer £800 with the monthly repayments of £63

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Brought at 19 fully comp, 8000 miles, £800excess, top post code, 2years no claims £2069! Brentaker unlimited mods :p
this yea the same stuff but it was £1650