ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your experiences with mifi and ipads/macbooks.

Looking at getting an ipad for taking with me when working away. Just looking at my options really. I would likely still take my macbook away aswell to mess about on ableton and photoshop but would like an ipad to take to the pub/dinner as iv been working away myself alot recently, and taking a laptop just feels wierd. I was thinking of just upgrading my 15mb 3 dongle to the mifi unit and getting a wifi ipad, save the 100 pounds plus the money for the 3g sim. Would also mean cut down on monthly costs split between dongle and ipad sim. Only problem is iv heard that people have trouble with signal with the 3 sims when moving about (iv only ever used my dongle in a hotel room haha ;) ) Just looking for opinions on what my best option would be.

Cheers y'all

ps

oh also, what size would you recommend, would like to load movies onto it for weeks working away when i cant take my laptop, i know im already pushed for size on my 16gb iphone and i have literally bugger all apps on it and the ipad apps likely take up alot of memory.

Lou

This is what I use when I'm away with work. I got the 32GB iPad - wifi only and bought 3 mifi.

What I do though is buy the 3 sim cards off eBay which gives you 3GB data and it lasts upto 90 days instead of having to top up £15 for 3GB data every month. I've never had an issue with signal (I might have just been lucky with my locations though)

This is what I use when I'm away with work. I got the 32GB iPad - wifi only and bought 3 mifi.

What I do though is buy the 3 sim cards off eBay which gives you 3GB data and it lasts upto 90 days instead of having to top up £15 for 3GB data every month. I've never had an issue with signal (I might have just been lucky with my locations though)

Cheers pal, think I would just go this way then. I'm already tied into a 15gb 15 quid 3 bundle so upgrading should be ok :) cheers.

Arctic FF 182

I'm interested in getting an iPad too but would need to use the maps a lot, do you know if the location services work accurately when using the mifi?

Lou

I'm interested in getting an iPad too but would need to use the maps a lot, do you know if the location services work accurately when using the mifi?

I'll give it a go today and let you know!

Edit - Just to confirm it does work!

Last edited: