ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your car in the Snow...

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
still f**k all snow down here in Bournemouth... although we're expecting a massive 20cm overnight apparently. It'll never happen, but it keeps the Met Office busy.

I'm up M40 J10 mate and the snow fall is a good inch so far. Still falling heavily and forecast to continue through tomorrow till thursday!

Merc A class
Just a bit of snow ;)

4248148312_7bf82a3c3f.jpg

Mustang, S13, AX GT
^My thoughts also.
I assumed that'd have been in your other motor!
No chance! If the clio went through 180 the S13 would be doing doughnuts trying to get it off the drive!

awesome for not getting stuck or going up hills but the haldex isnt great, as its not set %'s FWD or RWD its constantly shifting the power about so it gets a bit sketchy n twitchy when driving along
I think everyones car is a bit sketchy driving along, not getting stuck and winning in hills makes TT a winner in the snow tbh...

Just a bit of snow ;)

4248148312_7bf82a3c3f.jpg
has some-one very accurately thrown a snowball at the exhaust lol

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL Pinky I love the joke that is your brothers car.

This was mine a few hours ago, still coming down hard!
4248806051_10e7ea3278_b.jpg

4249576514_07758f4722_b.jpg

I'm up M40 J10 mate and the snow fall is a good inch so far. Still falling heavily and forecast to continue through tomorrow till thursday!

LOL not even a sprinkling of snow... I didn't even have to scrape the car this morning! Slightly smug sat here hearing/reading all the snow stories on the news.

BMW 323i Coupe
For what we've got, it's the worst we've had in a while.

I have only one way out of my street, up a hill, and then to get to work would mean a lot of down hills, so can't take the car anywhere, and I'm not risking the walk. ;)

Used a ruler to measure how deep the garden was and we've got 5 inches, lovely.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Well you saw my car from last night. And this morning (still forecast MORE snow :O)

4249929457_8d370922b9_o.jpg

Can I borrow a shovel?

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0048-1.jpg

IMG_0049-1.jpg

The old man had no problems gettin to work, a LandRover came to pick him up.:rofl:

Honda & VW
This was what it looked like outside my house yesterday at about 4pm

DSC01140.jpg

And then this morning it looks like this, needless to say i'm off work today :approve::approve::approve::approve::approve::approve::approve::approve:

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01168.jpg

DSC01171.jpg

Clio 182
My car this morning, picture doesn't really show it, but our drive has a fair slope to it!! Spent about 30mins trying to get me car off as i had a survey to go to this morning...

DSCF0215.jpg

You can just about see the tracks i shovelled out infront of the car, also threw down some pea gravel stuff/sandy stuff, still nothing...just sat there spinning and flashing at me lol! Now, you can't see anything, drive has just turned white again! Meh, one not so happy client haha!!

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j253/graham_braid/Clio 182/DSCF0215.jpg

Iceberg Ph1
Took less then an hour to go from nothing to this..

P1010826.jpg

The entrance ramp to get to our parking spaces.. The exit ramp is about a 40° slope... Hmm.. Was leaving for work in about 10mins... I failed EPICALLY!

P1010821.jpg

3 black sacks of grit just after I got home about 10am.. Freedom!

P1010830-1.jpg

Not looking forward to the more snow we're expecting!

Up ramp at the moment.. Looks less steep then it actually is!

P1010831.jpg

Last edited:
LOL not even a sprinkling of snow... I didn't even have to scrape the car this morning! Slightly smug sat here hearing/reading all the snow stories on the news.

I spoke to soon... someone switched the snow on and its coming down now. Hard :(

1.6 Ford Focus
This morning
Image660E.gif

Made it to college fine
Image661E.gif

Trip back however was a bit slippery, not so much with accelerating but braking... I was approaching a big roundabout at about 20mph and gave myself plenty of stopping distance... I touched the brake really lightly and the front wheels locked and I kept sliding...

Had to fix that one myself taping the brake like the ABS would...