ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Youngest 197/200 owners??

LY 200
Why do people need finance to buy a £15k car at 21? Someone starts working at 17, save a few grand a year...not that hard if you live at home.

Theres nothing wrong with 'affordable' loans so long as it doesnt take over your life and you have money for a life outside a car imo! People like nice things and as said earlier on in the thread have fun whilst your young so if you can do it why not!? :S

Its no different to being in debt with a house for the next 25/30 years!

Keep saving that 2k for the next few years by all means but FACT is you dont know whats likely to happen tomorrow letalone by the time you have saved for what your aiming for! Cant take it with you my friend!

p.s Louis, if you could earn £400 a day being a tree surgeon why the funk did you give it up!? Sounds like easy(ish) wonga to me! lol

clio 197
Theres nothing wrong with 'affordable' loans so long as it doesnt take over your life and you have money for a life outside a car imo! People like nice things and as said earlier on in the thread have fun whilst your young so if you can do it why not!? :S

Its no different to being in debt with a house for the next 25/30 years!

Keep saving that 2k for the next few years by all means but FACT is you dont know whats likely to happen tomorrow letalone by the time you have saved for what your aiming for! Cant take it with you my friend!

i think this sums everyhting up tbh... nice way of putting it act. live for today haa

Mini Cooper S
Jay it was a question to Needster. She was more or less stating that there is no way, a young 20 year old can afford a £15K car unless they were on a finance. I was merely stating that some people do have the cash!

RS Clio 200 FF Silver
Come on guys

ThreadDirection.jpg

LY 200
Jay it was a question to Needster. She was more or less stating that there is no way, a young 20 year old can afford a £15K car unless they were on a finance. I was merely stating that some people do have the cash!

Unless they are on upwards of 30k a year thats still a hell of alot to save in just three years worth of work tbh mate considering all the stuff you want to do when you turn 18 (or at least i did)!

I have always earned a fairly good salary for my age with no travel expence but found it hard to save multiple thousands personally due to other stuff going on.

clio 197
my pay works on how much i make each month, so some months can be really good and others awful so i have to save just in case...
but last year was good alround so i could get the 197 etc...

but it could go the other way very fast...

I think very few people at 18 will be saving thousands a year.

I used to spend every penny! Lol.

I'm not knocking the people who are bought them or given a mass handout as long as they don't have an attitude to go with it, but I think there are far more important things at 18 than a posh car.

I'd hate to have been at the stage where your mates ask if you're coming out but you can't because you have to pay for your insurance which is thousands or it needs a big service etc.

Plenty of time for posh cars. Being young is for having fun.

Mini Cooper S
Unless they are on upwards of 30k a year thats still a hell of alot to save in just three years worth of work tbh mate considering all the stuff you want to do when you turn 18 (or at least i did)!

I have always earned a fairly good salary for my age with no travel expence but found it hard to save multiple thousands personally due to other stuff going on.

£400 a month for me to save would be easy. I'm not on £30k+ either.

LY 200
^Then it would be just as easy to put into a personal loan over the next 3 years! ;)

That was my point.

RS Clio 200 FF Silver
Sorry but people on here make it like young people cant earn good money, im not one to brag but i could save that if need be. I've never had help from parents and live on my own and enjoy the odd night out but can still be done.

Ya i saved 15k in one year but i worked my arse off and had a very limited social life but as i said was for a property not a car.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I must have a deaf car.

Keep telling it to do 200 mph :)

Sometimes a bit of power will wrap you round a tree (Especially some of the older TVRs)

If I saw a 19 year old in a TVR I'd keep well out of his way as it would only be a matter of time :eek:.

Completely agree, those tvr's are to fast to drive around a bend and come through the other side unscathed especially with a 19yr old at the wheel :eek::rasp:

LOL when i was 19 i had a 260bhp MX-5 and it was far more dangerous that the TVR is!

I made it past 21 unscathed in the TVR.

LY 200
Sorry but people on here make it like young people cant earn good money, im not one to brag but i could save that if need be. I've never had help from parents and live on my own and enjoy the odd night out but can still be done.

And this is another point proven! lol

I think i was out Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and on at least one lads holiday a year up until 21! That lot doesnt stand you in good stead for easy saving! This is when people end up with loans and imo if they can pay them back at a steady rate alongside having fun then why not!?

As said earlier all depends on your prioritys and how important a car is to your life as to whether you want to save or put most of your money into one.

RS Clio 200 FF Silver
And this is another point proven! lol

I think i was out Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and on at least one lads holiday a year up until 21! That lot doesnt stand you in good stead for easy saving! This is when people end up with loans and imo if they can pay them back at a steady rate alongside having fun then why not!?

As said earlier all depends on your prioritys and how important a car is to your life as to whether you want to save or put most of your money into one.

Dont get me wrong, a thurday night out which is cheap student night where i am, then a friday/saturday in birmingham which wouldnt be cheap. A holiday a year, dont forget the gym that i go to as well. It's working hard for what you want.

LY 200
^Yeah then paying the rest of the bills (you said you had your own gaff), food, clothes on your back and so on all adds up!

This is where we get to CS wages or drugs! ;)

RB 197 fatty
had a 1.0 nova saloon as my first car at 17 which was older than me, that blew up

Then got myself a brand new 1.2 clio extreme at 18, that just fell in a ditch one day

Then got another one, but in a new colour, that got boring after 2 years

So i got myself a 197 at 20, and thats still with me now 3 years on at 23

...and my insurance now is as much as it was when i was 17 in the nova, but half as much as it was when i was 18 with my second 1.2clio after the other one only lasted 320 miles from factory.

...ups and downs, you live and learn. all that stuff. Id say i finished on an up!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
i prefer my 1.2 if im honest, in my line of work i drive all kinds of different powered cars, fair enough i dont get to drive them hard etc but it still fun. so why waste money :D

R27, Deep Black
To be honest, when i was 17 i bought myself a new 1.2 Campus Sport in 2006 and then worked my arse off from when i was 18 until i was just newly 19 and bought my 197.

If you work hard, you get rewards.

ph 2, 172.
I would start another thread but it'll just get locked again, I got confirmation that lbrench crashed his 200, rear n/s damage I believe! Nothing too serious...sounds like he got lucky.

where'd you hear that?

let me know via pm if needs be.. jus a friend of mine thats all.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
19, clio 200 with slight damage :dead:

its nothing serious at all, just a few scratches on the rear arch, was in very heavy fog going down a country road, not going fast at all, wasnt really paying attention a corner suddnely went sharp, i put the brakes on (i know big mistake but i panicked like any of you would and if you say you wouldnt panic then your full of sh*t because you cant say that until its actually happened to you) back end came round and i ended up parallel with the barrier at this point i hadnt touched it then i put the power down to pull away from it and herd a 'schhh' noise and realised i scuffed the arch. goes into the body shop on the 8th of march for the re spray/blend and to get my badges, bullets and handles black.....

it wasnt enything serious but could of been 10 times worse and its not like i was 'hero driving' either

lynden,

p.s i have pics if u want them?