ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

You know you're a car geek when...

You notice a car and take an interest in it because it's missing a recall item. Saw a mk1 Audi TT without a rear spoiler over the weekend and presumed it is unroadworthy due to the recall about rear lift...

myby5esa.jpg

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/we-take-audis-tamed-tt-for-a-spin-first-drive-review

"...acknowledging that they recommended a rear spoiler to reduce lift at the rear axle, the prime source of the handling problems."

Where can I find help for my problem :eek:?

Listerine & Poledo
Yep, saw one of them a couple of months back in North London.

The wing was purely optional, the suspension changes were what made the most difference IIRC

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I was reading a thread over on the TT forum and someone removed theirs only to put it back on a few weeks later. He swore it make a big difference.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
When I had a TT a few of the scene guys were removing their rear spoiler.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The car lost downforce at speed with all the air flowing under its smooth underside.After 120mph or so you could start turning the steering wheel and keep going straight on.I remember reading about it all those years ago.

The car lost downforce at speed with all the air flowing under its smooth underside.After 120mph or so you could start turning the steering wheel and keep going straight on.I remember reading about it all those years ago.

Likewise, hence I took an interest when it appeared. They had 22 accidents attributed to this fault, I believe. Several fatalities as well, so amazed it's not a required update/recall.