ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

You know your engine mount is knackered when

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
IMG_20160205_154945.jpg

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
You can, otherwise its impossible to fit the Powerflex insert.

you're missing the point.

He's gone to unbolt it (which is how you take it off and fit the powerflex item and even replace the thing in the first place) and the bolt has sheared the rubber it sits in. Not the same as undoing the nut on top and taking the top section off, you can clearly see where it's damaged the rubber.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
you're missing the point.

He's gone to unbolt it (which is how you take it off and fit the powerflex item and even replace the thing in the first place) and the bolt has sheared the rubber it sits in. Not the same as undoing the nut on top and taking the top section off, you can clearly see where it's damaged the rubber.

When you look close you can see it's ripped, the engine was knocking on bumps in the road its was fucked, I can feel a big difference with the new one on

Mines the same I've just discovered. Is this a common failure like exhaust hangers, or just age related? It's a track car so unsure whether to go for a new mount and powerflex insert, or skip straight to vibratechnics if its going to be a recurring problem?

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Think it's just age, uprated mounts cause vibration so OK for track not so good for everyday driving, makes a massive difference when its changed think I paid 40 quid for an renualt one.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Vibra Technics mount might be worth a look, tend not to get the vibrations you do with a poly bush