ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yorkshire/midlands Meet - Castleford Xscape - 23/01/10

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Re: THE MEET - Yorkshire/midlands etc etc - 23/01/10

Can we meet at Xscape in Castleford? Seeing as I'm there already from about 5pm on the 23rd I think this is the only logical location ;).
Can do if you want fag boy? I will meet you there beforehand for a go on the slopes then when the rest show up we can go bowling/whatever?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

I may pop along to this if its at xscape, not far from me at all but seems a trek for the midlands lot.

182 Trophy

I'll definatley be there, when i find out where were going like.
Only met gray off here, 3 years of 106owners meets so play nice lads :)

Bus w**ker

Can do if you want fag boy? I will meet you there beforehand for a go on the slopes then when the rest show up we can go bowling/whatever?
I'm booked on at 8-9 mate for my qualifying lesson (linking turns aka. lots of pain). Going buying boots before hand though, as the rentals suck c**k, which is why I'm getting there so early.

Loads to do there though, so could always meet up. Do the car thang, get something to eat (Nandos FTW) and go for a spin round Ponte...then I'll head back to spend spend spend. Feel free to come boarding from 8 though, I may even go on for an hour afterwards to try and get my turns sorted...seeing as I'll actually be allowed on the slope myself then.

It's only 60 miles from mine, about an hour, so not too bad.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Half hour down M1 for me dude. I haven't been for a while but might be able to help you out a bit... Saying that the tutors there are pretty good and will only pass you if you are safe enough to do it...

We need a plan of attack then, whats the craik?

Nissan 350z

Hmm abit too much of a trek to Castleford so i will pass thanks.

Bus w**ker

Half hour down M1 for me dude. I haven't been for a while but might be able to help you out a bit... Saying that the tutors there are pretty good and will only pass you if you are safe enough to do it...

We need a plan of attack then, whats the craik?
If we're meeting at Xscape then afternoonish is best for me. If not then depending on where we're meeting probably lunchtime, so I can get off.

Although if it's out in the middle of nowhere I'll probably give it a miss, as my clutch isn't too healthy at the minute and I've already paid for my lesson so would rather get stuck at Xscape waiting for recovery and not some dodgy farm lane in the middle of no where lol.

TBH 4th lesson has me a bit worried as I kept f**king up my toe edge turn when linking from heel...and that was only half way up the main. That said though we we're only meant to be learning turns and not linking, so hopefully it will all fall in to place.

Hmm abit too much of a trek to Castleford so i will pass thanks.
Takes me about the same time to get to Matlock TBH.

S4 Avant

TBH 4th lesson has me a bit worried as I kept f**king up my toe edge turn when linking from heel...and that was only half way up the main.

Bloody woman.

A week skiing in Saas Fee does you wonders. In at the deep end.

Bus w**ker

Skiing? The gayest of wintersports. :rasp:

I'd have gone with my mates for a week in Bulgaria in Feb and had lessons there, but I like having the NHS to fall back on and not some Romanian gypsy with a rusty spoon operating on me lol.

They let homos on the hill at Xscape too though Dave, if you want to join in the fun of watching me faceplant trying to get to the bottom.

Clio 1.4s

So what's the plan then? I ant gt a clue how to get to Castleford! Someone help!! :S

Nissan 350z

Open GoogleMaps, click "Get Directions" and type in WF10 4TA. :)

Bus w**ker

M1, M18, exit Junction 2, A1 North, exit Junction 41, M62 towards Manchester, exit 32 and follow the Xscape signs IIRC.

Clio 182

Don't think I could make Castleton... i'm at work til 4pm so by the time I get home/changed etc and get to Castleton it'll be 7pm!! Stupid WORK!!! :dapprove:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Don't think I could make Castleton... i'm at work til 4pm so by the time I get home/changed etc and get to Castleton it'll be 7pm!! Stupid WORK!!! :dapprove:
Castleford Laura ;)

DMS

A thirsty 172

So much for the meet not being a gazillion miles away...

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Well then suggest something else? Im only going with that as no one else has put any other ideas forward :(. This is a democracy people. Other Ideas?!?

Bus w**ker

Matlock from mine is 40 miles, Lincoln 45 and Xscape 60. Not really seeing the "gazillion miles" TBH and I'm only 4 miles from Ilkeston.

I used to wonder why East Mids doesn't have an active area rep.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora

i don't mind what we do but we arnt going to frankie and bennies!

182 Trophy

xcape is fine for me, about anour drive so i'm in.

182 & Porsche 986

xscape is about 20 mins away from me, so i'd be up for that. I don't do the bowling/snowboarding whole thing though. !

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

So OVERALL are people happy with xscape or Not?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora

what is xscape? :eek: or should i really read the thread?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Dave you can meet me en route. Adam. Its just a big entertainment place. Has loads of restraunts/cinema/bowling/snowboarding/etc.

I am open to other suggestions BTW. Unless people would rather me just arrange something on my own.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora

ooh sounds a laugh then, i'll meet people in a convoy too :)

BMW M5 & E36

I'll maybe come, wherever suits. Shouldn't have spent so much on the Turdbo DMS then you could drive it instead..

S4 Avant

This could work. Convoy meet at a service station along the M1?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora

which way do you come whiteley? down the A617?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

I'll maybe come, wherever suits. Shouldn't have spent so much on the Turdbo DMS then you could drive it instead..
:lolup: (See you tomorrow bitchx)

Looks like Xscape is a goer then yes?