ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

York Raceway on Easter Weekend

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Details below from the NE section.

A couple of folk went last year and really enjoyed it :)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?561850-York-Raceway-on-Easter-Weekend

Thought some of you NE members may be interested in a cheap fun day out at York raceway. The first meeting of the season is on Easter weekend 24/25th April. Both days have RWYB (Run What You Brung) events, Easter Monday 25th looks the better day in terms of events IMO but I'm free to go either day if others prefer.

For those who've never been its £12.50 to get in. Then £30 to race (unlimited runs). Obviously the amount of runs you get depends on other events on the day and amount of cars doing RWYB. If you get there early and leave late you should get at least 10 runs. All you need is your driving licence and a crash helmet. Crash helmets are available there free if you don't own one. Your car will also have to undergo scrutineering in order to race. This consists of checks on tyres, battery, seatbelts etc. If your car is stripped make sure theres no sharp edges etc. and long sleeves are recommended.

The gates open at 8.30 and scrutineeing/signing up isn't till 9.00 which is handy as it takes 30 mins to get down the shocking 'road' to the track!;)
The track opens at 9.30 and you generally get some practice time before events start. Track shuts at 5.30-6.30 and its normally good to stay late as you get back to back runs after the events finish and theres no classes, so you race whats next in the cue:cool:

I attended a few meets last year and its a great day out if the weather behaves. It would be good to see some more Renault Sport Clios there this year as they can definately hold their own.
If anyones interested in coming lets see which day would be best and we can organise some meeting points and times.

Link to York raceway site; http://www.yorkraceway.org.uk/index.html

Info of ali_warriner

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
I would have come but im of to santa pod again in march... And York is prity naf in comparison...

Should sack of York and come to Pod instead... Saturday 26th - Sunday 27th March...

http://www.thefastshow.com/

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
lol

People can decide what they want.

Can go to york, which is local, and you'll get loads of runs for your £££, most of the day your pitched against equal machines

or

Go to fast show, 2.5 hours away, where you'll be running with chavs which will crash into you or pro's who will get a wobble and you'll s**t yourself and crash into the side avoiding them (anyone remember the red ibiza last year) and you'll be spending most of the day queuing rather than doing runs.

But yeh, I only put it up for info for locals, i wont be attending.

None
I'll probably come along to this, i have been meaning to set a decent time ever since getting the yozza and remap done last year, i'd be gutted not to get high 14's or low 15's now..............but i must remember to take the bass box out this time :eek:

Plus you're right Mike, a mate of mine has been to the pod and says york is a better day despite the pit road, as long as it's not too windy it's good fun there, it's a lot less chavy too :)

Dodgy one
If i still have my Clio i'l bob over I'l choose the 24th if the weathers good as most folk will still be in be with bad heads from sat night! So X fingers it'l be quiet again lol

I havent been on the strip over a year, Are we all going to meet up somewhere prior to the runs, Id suggest B&Q on Hull road used to meet up with the GTi6 lot there then head over!