ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

York Raceway 4th July 2010

None
Just a few details for this should anyone else be interested before sunday :)

Matt and i will be meeting at the macdonalds car park just in the entrance to the showcase cinema, birstall, batley at 9am sunday morning, postcode WF17 9TB

Then we will be leaving there and heading to bilbrough top services on the A64 york road to meet Laura at 9:45am, postcode YO23 3PP.......again at the mcdonalds car park, it's the easiest place to find, not because i like macdonalds :)........i mean i do like macdonalds but that's not the point :rasp:

Then we will continue west for 8.5 mile and leave the A64 at the roundabout east of york to take the B1228 Elvington Lane and eventually arrive at york raceway, postcode YO42 4SS in the village of seaton ross, you'll hear the noise anywhere in this area :)

We should arrive at approximately 10:15am

this is the route we will take:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...1.241455&spn=0.589569,2.307129&t=h&z=10&via=1

None
Just removed my Sub mate and half of the back seats.. lol

Nearly ready :D

Nice one, i decided to leave mine in so i can see if there is a difference in times between now and last year when i went, see if changing this sensor helped, just bought two new ones today........£185 :eek:
Want to try and get an oil change done tomorrow too as it's running with 10w-40 instead of 5w-40 like it should be :)

None
Tomorrow mate, it's a real pain to plug the front electrical connection up as i can hardly get my hand in there but i bought some ramps tonight so that should make it easier to get access under the car, it's definately worth checking the sensors though, i was really shocked by the change in performance just by swapping the front and rear over, the rear was clean in comparison to the front so it's easy to tell.

None
Right car is all sorted now, two new sensors and some fully synthetic oil so it feels like it's back up to full power now.........that would be about 170 bhp in a 182 then ;)

My mate Luke will be in with me tomorrow so don't think i just picked up any old hitch hiker................glad he's not bringing the subaru though, it's 600 horsepower might put us all to shame :eek:

Roll on tomorrow, i can't wait now :)

Happy days Ste, bet the car feels alot better now, reving more freely I should imagine.

Cars all set mate, fitted my new K-tec filter today, gives the car a real nice deep burble on acceleration.

None
Ha ha i bet your neighbours love you mate :)......can't wait to see yours going down the dragstrip, last time i went i was the only clio there!

Oh and i now have my designated cameraman in luke......payment for taking him over :)

None
Just got back from York, It was a really good day with the exception of a couple of things, matt's hayfever was really bad, felt so sorry for him :(.....well i kind of feel sorry him as he still managed to kick my arse up and down the dragstrip :rasp:

I'll post up times later in the media section along with some pics and some youtube footage......once i have had chance to edit it to make me look good ;)

Well done Matt, de-cat or no de-cat you still managed some impressive times there :)

Funniest moment had to be on the way home when the traffic cop jumped out of some bushes and tried to catch me out with the speed camera on the country lanes, he must have been gutted to see the camera reading 45 in a 60 zone, good job i was knackered and on my way home, i think we were a little more enthusiastic on the way there :)......he must have caught loads of people out after us though.

None
It's fine Laura, thanks for letting us know beforehand, a lot of people might just have not shown and not said anything :)

Though i can only imagine the scene of you trying to text me at 2:45am after being out at a Hen night ;)
I can't see straight at that time without alcohol :)

Nippy white cup
I need to make another appearance at York as I haven't had a go for years! I can't believe they have cops on the roads into the strip...... When I think of the dozens of times we have blasted along them and thankfully not had any run ins.

Really good day this Ste, thanks for getting it organised!

Defo hooked on 1/4 miles :D

Ile get my pics and Vids up when they have finished uploading....

Got some really good shots and vids from the new camera :D

Really pleased with my times to say it was my 1st time lol

None
Brilliant cheers Matt, i'll have a look :)

Thanks for today mate, it was a really good day, good fun and good racing too.........i might even be more competition for you next time ;)

172 cup
It's fine Laura, thanks for letting us know beforehand, a lot of people might just have not shown and not said anything :)

Though i can only imagine the scene of you trying to text me at 2:45am after being out at a Hen night ;)
I can't see straight at that time without alcohol :)

I thought Id best text as knew Id be dead in the morning lol....I thought about it when I text you at 10.45am but thought naaaaa

Theres always TOTB