ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

York Raceway 10th October

ph1 172
I attended York Raceway on Sunday with Pete (Lindleyp). It was the last meet of the year and a really good turnout. There was a nice selection of cars and the weather was spot on.

Easily the best car there:cool:
View attachment 45762View attachment 45761

I managed to get 7 runs in total over the day. My best was 14.1 which I managed 3 times:approve:. I believe I finished 5th out of 18 cars in class C (awaiting final results).

Unfortunately the couple of videos Pete got are poor quality because he wouldn't man up and get his girlfriends pink digital camera out that he'd borrowed;). He choose to use our phones instead.

Best run of the day and only defeat against the fiat coupe turbo;

View attachment 45765

All in all a great day out and well chuffed with how the little clio performed. It was definately punching above its weight on the day when looking at some of the times from the higher classes. (TVR tuscan);)

My car/mods;
172 cup
Yozza race system
V6 airbox with pipercross race filter
RS tuner
Rear stripped, front door cards and roof lining.
Running Oz F1's/Paradas

I think Pete has a few more vids on his phone he may kindly upload.

Ali

Last edited by a moderator:
  None
That is a quick time mate, i was suppose to go myself last sunday but in the end i just couldn't spare the time unfortunately :(

ph1 172
Cheers for the comments boys, yeah well pleased with the times:)

Managed to beat a Civic Type R and a stripped williams amongst others. (but I dont like to boast ;))

Black Gold Clio 182
Tis a very quick little car Ali!! You seem to have got some better starts this time, think you must have been half asleep last time i was there haha.

megane gt dci 150
saw about 15 cars heading down there in thirsk on sunday morning. there was a 106 gti lowered with 206 gti alloys, toyota starlet turbo (black), and a few seat ibizas, was off to pick the mg up with my old man, trying to avoid sh!tty A1 average speed cameras lol

saw a few decent drag-style cars on back of vans on trailers, all looked rather smart

172 phase 1
nytemare! i was going to run but clutch isnt upto much at the minute, possibly have a go next year with matched inlets and a stealth and a map

ph1 172
nytemare! i was going to run but clutch isnt upto much at the minute, possibly have a go next year with matched inlets and a stealth and a map

Definately worth it mate its great fun. Strip as much out as you can aswell. Definately helps and easy enough to put back.

Would be good to get a few more going down next year from the North East.

howdy! :p, will upload video when i get the camera back of the missis! awesome day overall and found some new love whilst i was there, (new car for nexy year possibly)