ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yoko Parada Spec 2's - Info Needed

Clio Trophy
Hi All,

Looking to replace the PE2's on my Trophy and I'm considering this tyre. Can anyone who uses them tell me the Treadwear, Traction and Temperature ratings for them as I can't seem to track them down on the net. They should be found on the sidewall of the tyre.

How does everyone rate this tyre? I've had good experiences with A539's before on another car but not tried Yoko's on the Clio

Cheers,
Steve

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
a539's are the worst tyre on the market imo..... i hate them lol.... paradas are mint..had them on the 172.. they dont last very long imo the tread looks mint too

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Disagree...totally...

A539's handle huge amounts of abuse, the treadblocks do not disintegrate no matter what you throw at them or how hot they get, and sidewalls stay intact (unlike PE2's).

Once you get the slip angle up they don't tail off sharply...in fact there's no real limit at all...just a nice broad plateau on which to have a laugh.

Wet grip is shite...but if you're looking for grip in the wet to drive fast...you shouldn't be driving on the road IMO.

Can't comment on the Pradas though...

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
im running the yoko semi slicks att eh mo... was impressed at first but now they have started to wear things are changing

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
MarkCup said:
Disagree...totally...

A539's handle huge amounts of abuse, the treadblocks do not disintegrate no matter what you throw at them or how hot they get, and sidewalls stay intact (unlike PE2's).

Once you get the slip angle up they don't tail off sharply...in fact there's no real limit at all...just a nice broad plateau on which to have a laugh.

Wet grip is sh*te...but if you're looking for grip in the wet to drive fast...you shouldn't be driving on the road IMO.

Can't comment on the Pradas though...

Couldn't have put that better myself.

I've just bought Four new Avon's Just come out this month, there based on the caterham race tyres, same carcus.

the spec two's are very good, last 2mins flat tho.

Clio Trophy
Glad the Parada's have good feedback as i'm 80% sure thats what I'll go with at the moment.

If anyone has the sidewall info please post it up here - I'm putting together a speadsheet with all the specs of suitable tyres which I'll post up here when it is more complete.