ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

yoko a359s

I've got them on at the moment. They don't fill the rim properly, and yes they are the right size.

They are alright when warm in the dry actually, but crap in the wet. They also squeal quite a bit, unless it's just my tyres. They seem to be lasting quite well though, they have been on the car about 8k now, and are only half worn on the front. Though I am generally quite gentle with the car most of the time.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It's how they perform in the dry that counts. In the wet, go slower.

I've had 3 sets in total now, and all 3 have been given death on track regularly.

They can handle heat, they don't shed treadblocks like PE2s do, and their behaviour at and beyind the limit is very progressive.

As a road tyre they excel as you can play with it/them, without fear of it ever getting out of hand.

As said before...only in the dry though.

And I never got less than 12k out of each set including the trackdays so they last really well.

A539's are good in the dry, had a few sets before... prefer PE2's on the road, but the PE2's are shite on track, they dont last more than 10 laps in my experience

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Nothing wrong with my A539's, I bought them from Chic around 12 months ago and they're still going strong.

Much better than the standard fit Contisport crap.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well as i said i had them on the 1.2 and they were fine but the 17poo is a different animal hehe

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I have them on my Glanza. Seem good imo but thats in the dry. I dont drive quick the wet...

Nikon D700
I use them. as said, they are great in the dry when they are warm. when it's wet they are shite, but who cares about that?

We'll see how good they are on a track this Sunday! Wooop!!!!

Only downside is they just don't seem wide enough (195's) for my rims... So when idiots drive at me, and i'm forced to mount a kerb - my nice black turini's get scathed!!!

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
I had them on my old clio for about 2 months, here is a picture of the damage caused by s**t Yoko A539's.

car007.jpg

Whoever inspected the accident said my car veered uncontrollably to the left into the bush because the front passenger side tyre split whilst driving. They're also terrible in the wet.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Nothing wrong with my A539's, I bought them from Chic around 12 months ago and they're still going strong.

Much better than the standard fit Contisport crap.

yOU EITHER HAVE THEM ON THE BACK OR U DONT DRIVE YOUR CAR THEN!!!
I have them all round and drive like a loon. They've done 12k+ and whatever Chic did on them. No issues at all and I don't think they're bad in the wet either.

Only really gripe is the lack of rim protection, they seem to kerb themselves.

Burgandy 174 sport t
yOU EITHER HAVE THEM ON THE BACK OR U DONT DRIVE YOUR CAR THEN!!!
I have them all round and drive like a loon. They've done 12k+ and whatever Chic did on them. No issues at all and I don't think they're bad in the wet either.

trust me u dont drive like a loon if you have done over 12k on front tyres esp yokos, I seen them when chic had them too!!!

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

trust me u dont drive like a loon if you have done over 12k on front tyres esp yokos, I seen them when chic had them too!!!
Trust me, I have. And trust me, I drive like a loon.

You have 3 people telling you that their Yoko's are lasting well, yet you think you are right? Maybe you can't drive, or your car is bent to f**k and scrubbing all the tyres out? ;)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I not even gonna rise to the bait, u have to be taking the piss!!
No bait involved. Merely stating fact. You may not have liked them, fair cop, others do.

Different tyres suit different driving styles. These suit mine and have lasted longer than any other tyre I have used in the process.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'll say A539's do not last long for me. Deffo not a years worth of driving on the front...

As for the crash pic and "this is what they did to my car"....so they blew out for no reason? They dont really look like 539's in that pic on the front either or is it just me?

80MPG BEEZA
best tyres i have experienced for grip is toyo r888's they dont last long but their super grippy

Ad

MK2 FRS
^ not so great in the wets 888s

have to agree with Big Iain. no chance of doing 12k on A539s if you drive you car hard.

tbh, i put them on my 172 front only and i thought they were shite, utter shite tbh.

80MPG BEEZA
^ not so great in the wets 888s

have to agree with Big Iain. no chance of doing 12k on A539s if you drive you car hard.

tbh, i put them on my 172 front only and i thought they were s**te, utter s**te tbh.

why do people complain about grip in the wet? who cares any fast wet driving is asking for trouble i'd rather have amazing in the dry to go fast, and crap in the wet so i drive slow and be sensible

172, Tiguan
Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole tbh. Seeing as this country is wet 85% of the time i'd say wet weather performance was quite an important factor when choosing a tyre.

But then that's my experience, tyre choice is very much a personal thing.

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
I'll say A539's do not last long for me. Deffo not a years worth of driving on the front...

As for the crash pic and "this is what they did to my car"....so they blew out for no reason? They dont really look like 539's in that pic on the front either or is it just me?

It's just you, they are A539's, I got them as an "upgrade" with the new wheels. And after 2 months, the tyre did just tear for no reason, I felt it as it went, it caused to car to pull into a bush and then flip 3 times. I do not recommend these tyres. The exalto 2's on the 182 are in a different league, you can tell the difference when you switch cars.