ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yet More RallyDay pics - Damn it was Wet.

106 GTi
But makes for some good piccys!

Apart from Si, I missed all the CS lot, and got drenched taking some pics, worth it though. Did seem to lack something from years past.

200 odd pics are here - http://www.richtreen.co.uk/events/rallyday/index.html

Canon 350D and a Canon 300mm f/4L IS

Some samples

IMG_2574.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2633.jpg

Quarry in the dry

No more clio's for me!
Great pics Rich as always :approve:

Bloody hell didn't it rain!?! Me and Missus called it just right and where eating under cover at the time :approve:

106 GTi
dannyboy172 said:
Great pics Rich as always :approve:

Bloody hell didn't it rain!?! Me and Missus called it just right and where eating under cover at the time :approve:

Cheers Dan, I walked back to the cars as it started, got my coat and then found a waterproof coat is unless if you want dry trousers!

106 GTi
Worth get wet for Si? lol

Found the problem with using a fixed foacal length lens! No Zoom when this happens!

IMG_2943.jpg

Dried up for a bit!

IMG_2964.jpg

and then we stood for ages under a brolley up at Quarry watching the saftey car go round for 45 mins before they let a session out in this!

IMG_2970.jpg

IMG_2973.jpg

IMG_2979.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg

IMG_3003.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3033.jpg

IMG_3058.jpg

IMG_3068.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

IMG_2973.jpg

This bloke was a legend, had the car well sideways everytime.

IMG_3058.jpg

What did i tell you people about showing me pics of R5's!!! :mad:

dk

911 GTS Cab
great pics! I had a few 'rain' problems at Farnborough Air SHow yesterday too, was fine until the Red arrows started the show off at 12:30 and it started raining on cue so couldn't take them, the A340, the A380, the Eurofighter and an amazing show by the Harrier Jumpjet, very annoyed!

Then the westher got a little better and managed to take 900 pics for the last 2 1/2 hours, got some great pics though, these L lens's really are good!

106 GTi
Cheers Dave. Weather makes things a paint. The last hours shoting was done from under an umbrella held by a mate. I did not really want the new lens wet but wanted to get the shots.

The thing with the L lenses is they focus quickly and are sharp at there focal lengths. Think most things are down to practice rather than the gear though.

that red quattro was right off it - flames out of the exhaust and all! and that red porsche spent more time with one front wheel in the air than on the ground - great pics rich.
I too want a 5 turbo again every time I see a decent one - been scouring ebay for one lately but tryin to persuade myself not to.

106 GTi
Crouched down, head and camera pocking throught the gap at the bottom of the fence. Makes it a pain to pan though.

Off topic - did anyone go back towards Old Sodbury and A46 / M4 oy of Combe and see the white Audi Quattro in the hedge/ditch/trees?

Renaultsport 220T
Rich said:
Crouched down, head and camera pocking throught the gap at the bottom of the fence. Makes it a pain to pan though.

Off topic - did anyone go back towards Old Sodbury and A46 / M4 oy of Combe and see the white Audi Quattro in the hedge/ditch/trees?

Kewl pics Rich, we must have been standing very close to you at some point.
Was looking out for you at the Pugsport stand. LOL Doh!

Didn't see the quattro, but there was a yellow intregrale broken down on the M4 east bound.

:D

106 GTi
Cheers Steve. Apart from when we first arrived, and couple of occassions when it was raining I was watching the track, normally bump into someoen from CS but didnt spot anyone yesterday.

I even wore my RenaultSport coat for you Steve!

Renaultsport 220T
Rich said:
Cheers Steve. Apart from when we first arrived, and couple of occassions when it was raining I was watching the track, normally bump into someoen from CS but didnt spot anyone yesterday.

I even wore my RenaultSport coat for you Steve!

Bug*er!!! Bet you looked damn sexy in it too!!! Hehehe. :p

Can't believe I didn't spot you, as I was just to the left of you at Quarry during the rally stage bit.

I didn't bother shotting much yesterday, but will download the shots now, and get some up.

:)

106 GTi
LOL

It was busy up at Quarry for the Rally Stage though so not suprised.

Nice one - get some shots up.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Rich said:
Cheers Dave. Weather makes things a paint. The last hours shoting was done from under an umbrella held by a mate. I did not really want the new lens wet but wanted to get the shots.

The thing with the L lenses is they focus quickly and are sharp at there focal lengths. Think most things are down to practice rather than the gear though.
thats what i noticed first too, focus is soooooo fast and soooo clear and unlike the cheaper lens's that soften towards the end of the focal length this stays just as sharp at 200 as it is at 70 which is perfect!

few of my pics from the air show yesterday here mate

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/davidkn/airshow

106 GTi
Thts the problem I had with my old Sigma - slow to AF on anything other than shutter speeds to high for m/sport and was soft over 200mm.

The 300mm prime was a new experience not having any zoon and heavier than the 70-200 but glad I have it now.

Will take a look now Dave.

106 GTi
No IS use at all, seemed fine without at 1/320 down to 1/200, was to long to do any pans so left it off.

106 GTi
Blooody good lens though! At that money I may has well have brought it from a UK shop. I have mailed him all the stuff he asked for receipts etc, and will see if he is true to his word.

Clio 197
Gawd... you're getting good at this Rich.

Any chance of getting onto my forum, and doing a quick motorsport tutorial (lenses, settings etc)?

106 GTi
Cheers Oms.

Still very much learning myself, I will do a quick article of the little I have picked up though for you.

Clio 197
Your car looks like it's never been driven Chris!

PS I've still got those pics of you and your lovely GF... I keep forgetting to uload them, GRR.

Looking forward to the tutorial Rich. :)

Oms said:
Your car looks like it's never been driven Chris!

PS I've still got those pics of you and your lovely GF... I keep forgetting to uload them, GRR.

Cheers, looking forward to them. Rich keeps making me want a D-SLR too, but I know lenses are really needed and that's a cost I'm not going to stretch to, as although he had very good pics before they are on another level now.

Looking forward to the tutorial Rich.