ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yet More 1.2 16v problems!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Bloody hell is it my week!!

Ok stoopid electrical fault light comes on and engine revs at 2000rpm by itself

turn it off and restart and its fine!!

Eh??

Ps: this has happened before chavyboy was with me last time he was a bit stunned.

Its the drive by wire gone wrong.... forgotten what the actual device is called begins with P I think lol.....

At least yours works mine intermittantly feels like it hits a rev limiter at 3k and engine light comes on with stop light.... I need to restart and its ok

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

mine isnt drive by wire is it?

oh yeah so it is :oops:

potenitometer?

Its under warranty mines done the same twice ive had it back the last time it did it iwas doing about 80 outside lane on the motorway and the revs died !!!!!!!!!!!!

Lionel Richie

Cos i saw the cable going from your pedal, through your bulkhead, into your engine bay at Brands Hatch!!!!!! Mine just has a box of electrics at the top of it, no cable!!!!

Yeah same me........ why o why did they start using the drive by wire? Seems like more electrical stuff to go wrong to me especialy with renaults