ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yet another RSTuner thread...

So.. think I made a mistake regarding unlocking the RSTuner.

Bought one off here.. didn't connect the RSTuner to my 182, just copied and pasted the 19 digit code that was already there when I connected it to my PC (not connected to car, just PC). I now gather this is probably a code generated from the previous owners Clios VIN number and as such won't work with mine?

Should I have connected it to the PC AND the car, then hit 'connect' in RSTuner software and got it to read my VIN automatically (if it can) orenter VIN manually, then it would generate a new 19 digit code specific to MY 182's VIN and send that to Henk @ FastChip? I realise this is probably a retarded mistake and you're wondering "Should this guy be using an RSTuner at all?!" but I was knakered when I sent off for the unlock code and didn't double check the process then forgot about it all weekend till I got Henks email today!

Fiesta ST2 MP215
I'd say................... Write back to Henk. he'll sort you out but yes you need to mail him YOUR vin number only.

I'm sure it won't be a problem if that VIN has already been used Henk will be able to check this.

Can't tell if the unlock part worked or not, but it allowed me to read the ECU/CAL from my car? Have sent Henk the info from the screenshot after ordering the maps as the guides said.. so I guess we'll find out. Also asked him if the unlock code would still work. In my limited experience with technology, it's entirely feasible (I think) that you can unlock the VCI without hooking it up to the car and that it's then when you come to write to an ECU it locks itself to that ECU. Would make sense to me, as then you don't have to have the car to hand just to unlock the VCI.