ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yes Please

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio Cup
Would make a Hell of a Modified saloon race car

as for the price tag , i think its relatively well priced for what it is and what your getting - i dont think a 20k impreza could get close to that spec or that quality of build

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If its worth the money or not comes down purely to the condion of the proflex and sadev TBH, if its in good working order then that isnt a ridiculous price, if both suspension and box are tired then its not a good price IMHO.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 Rally Car
getting - i dont think a 20k impreza could get close to that spec or that quality of build[/QUOTE]

I recon for 34k you would get a serious Scooby

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lol at comparing a v6 road car with a v6 trophy. Only on cliosport...

:lolup:

He's just saying what he would prefer though?
Are you mistakenly thinking that means he mustnt know the difference?

If he had said "Id sooner buy an extension for my house with the money" would you have reacted the same way?

A lot of people would sooner have a roadgoing v6 with all the pleasantries or to sit and polish etc than a rally car they have no use for im sure?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
22   0   0
  Clio/A3
He's just saying what he would prefer though?
Are you mistakenly thinking that means he mustnt know the difference?

If he had said "Id sooner buy an extension for my house with the money" would you have reacted the same way?

A lot of people would sooner have a roadgoing v6 with all the pleasantries or to sit and polish etc than a rally car they have no use for im sure?

See what youre implying but would you genuinely use a screwdriver for hammering in nails?

I appreciate you wanting to play devils advocate, but come on - he may as well have just said he likes turtles.

Me personally i'd save the cash and put it toward a boeing 747.

Derp.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See what youre implying but would you genuinely use a screwdriver for hammering in nails?

I appreciate you wanting to play devils advocate, but come on - he may as well have just said he likes turtles.

Me personally i'd save the cash and put it toward a boeing 747.

Derp.

As chip said I was only stating which I would prefer to own ...I'm not saying the road v6 is better

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lols. What on earth does it have to do with the drivers?

If the car can be driven on dirt AND Tarmac, that's a proper rally car. If it's only built to go on Tarmac and can't handle dirt, then it is not a proper rally CAR.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio Cup
If a Tarmac Rally Car isnt a Proper Rally Car - Then what is a Gentleman that exclusively competes on Tarmac with a man Sitting next to him in Tarmac Rallies , because by your own definition he cant be a rally driver ??

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio Cup
Untwist your Knickers

I was mearly suggesting that - dun dun duuuhhhh - Shock Horror the Drivers of "not a proper rally car" might disagree with your sentiment.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think anyone with half a brain would agree that a car which is not built for an environment, will not do well in that environment.

Would you take a dragster to a road rally?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 Rally Car
it's a tarmac rally car specced to drive tarmac stages. No less a rally car than an fiesta rs wrc is in asphalt trim

Not that any of this really matters!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio Cup
I think anyone with half a brain would agree that a car which is not built for an environment, will not do well in that environment.?

Correct - but to Suggest its no less a rally car then a rally car to my mind is a bit daft - a glorious matter of opinion thought , we are all gifted with our own :)

And what Sam said :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A car built to compete on all surfaces, running a tarmac setup, is actually pretty different from a car which is only built to run on tarmac.

The V6 trophy in the original post can't be used on dirt without all these modifications taking place first. That's before changing over to a gravel/dirt setup.

But I agree, none of this matters because I'd much rather have the S1600 in post #10. Which can run on gravel.