ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yellow Mk1 172’s

how rare are these cars, looked absolutely fabulous i want :)

they made yellow r5 turbos as well in france.

the 172 looked well nice almost a different car, how much are they whats good mileage price, etc.

whats mk1 average performance i know thats a question thats been asked a million times so dont answer it if it pisses you off

really different which is what i liked

There was one for sale on here a little while back bacause I was tempted myself, but cant really afford a second car!!

It was £8500 I think...

It was Danny who was selling the one on here - mayb hers still got it?

I would def buy one if I ahd a bit more money, but I am already working on my new citrus green one!!

CTR EK9 turbo

i have a mag (autoexpress or autocar or something) that tested the 0-60 of the mk.1 172 against proton gti, 206 gti and they managed 6.6 secs. Ive kept that one in good condition...

Id say theyd be as quick as a willy (although i havent raced one yet!) considering the factors. Willy weighs something like 980 kg or probably less for the willy 1s, 172 mk.1 weighs 1035 or thereabouts, so willys going to have simliar power/torque to weight etc.

the performance really depends on the driver. Different frogs, different times. You have to be in the right frame of mind to get the best of of the car, i guess the same is with any car really. Have fast you shift, and when you shift etc. Whether A/Cs on or not. Some days it performs like a BOAT but others its like a completely different car and really really flies - quite strange really. Quite impressed with it considering the death its been given. 36,000 miles of red lining/limiter and clutch dumps and its only had 4 gearboxes haha. Seriously tho, the engine hasnt blown up yet which is pretty impressive i must say.

If you bought one second hand now, the owner may have purchased another warranty available for another year or two which is proper helpful i tell thee. AKA could save you a fortune......

problems with mine: obviously gearboxes, idle control switch replaced, mid silencer i think has been replaced cant remember, new clutch due to old one juddering like a nympho sat on a washing machine (probably my fault), windscreen replaced about 3 times i think (my fault again), windscreen trim blew off racing a CTR at airstrip speeds (probably autoglasses/my fault), clunking under acceleration - gearbox mount fixed underwarranty. Nothing really that bad to be honest apart from the gearbox, considering the thrashing.

Lee

BMW M2C

Hes still not happy Ive seen another green valver in Birmingham. Ill get a picture next time. ;)

E87 118i

saw one here in SA last night, went and stood in the ri just to have a good look, very sweet, theres def. something about that car in that colour.

CTR EK9 turbo

Ive seen a few yellow ones about, hehe its probably the same one-just seen it a few times. It used to be parked in petersfield.....

Yep Yellow by far the best colour for a MK1!

Mine is for sale if your interested! On a Y plate so its one of the last made! UK car still under warranty!

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

When I was buying my mk1 172 I was on the lookout for a yellow one but all I found were loads of silvers,, loads of blacks 1 red high mileage and 1 blue one with low mileage (which I bought)