ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yanoo stiff shift 3.0

Williams 2
Just ordered the full stiff shift kit 3.0 with every extra balljoint, etc that you can get as a kit.

Might take this to my mechanic as I have a feeling it will be a pain in the arse.

Anyone fitted one themselves that can tell me roughly whats involved, and how long it took them, I can weigh up what to do with it then!

I'm handy with a spanner but pressed for time lol!

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I've not even heard of these, could you point me in the right direction so I can have a looky please.

Williams 2
Well I tried google and not a lot comes up really.

PM 'Yanoo' on here, (he designs them as far as I'm aware) and he will send you loads of stuff. Helpful guy.

There are various different kits you can get, all uprated and metal rather than rubber/plastic. I've gone standard shifter but uprated ball joints everywhere, adjustable housing, and all the other little bits he sells - I want the ultimate shift!!!

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I googled aswell and wasn't really met with many hopeful answers.
i shall make contacting here.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I have the Yanoo stiff shift installed in my car. It took me about 2hrs to install, and that included putting the car up in the air on axle stands.

The worst bit of the entire job was removing the heatshield around the exhaust to gain access to the nuts that hold the gear lever and surround in situ. Other than that it was a doddle to fit.

Really really nice bit of kit!

clio 172 phase 2
I was goin to purchase the same kit , yano sent me the instructions then my mind was made up seems way complicated for my peanut of a brain lol

Cup In bits
Buy a fully built shifter like I did if your worried, all you need to do is remove a circlip and cut a small recess in the housing for the stiff shift. His instructions make it seem a lot harder than it is.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I found the easiest way was to buy a nice aftermarket knob and do it all from above.. nice weighted gearknob makes it even better IMO

Cup In bits
You can't fit a stiff shift from the top mate, you need to remove a circlip under the car in order to slip the original ball housing out the bottom.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I cant remember exactly why now.. fitted mine when they first came out..

But I did remove it all from the car and remember fitting a different knob as some bits looked easier to do from the top.

I did fit it with a mate mind and pretty sure i remember him removing the circlip.. not very helpful i know!

Williams 2
You can't fit a stiff shift from the top mate, you need to remove a circlip under the car in order to slip the original ball housing out the bottom.

Is it an internal or external circlip? I'm going to need to buy circlip pliers for this...