ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yanoo short shifter Vs KTR quickshift

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
FPMSL! <3 Rob! I also agree, Yanoo is a cracking chap and very helpful with any issues or when ordering.

Be careful as the gearbox will take strain in comparison to one of the stiff shifts.

I'd go Yanoo every time, mainly because I'd rather line my own pockets with anthrax than line the pockets of KTEC.

Couldn't have put it any better if i tried flol.

Tbh i wouldn't bother with a short shifter as it will break your box. I would go for a stiff shift kit with brass bushes from yanoo.

clio 182 sport
I'd go Yanoo every time, mainly because I'd rather line my own pockets with anthrax than line the pockets of KTEC.

Lol so much love for k-tec on this site, I find it funny becuase most of the people that slate them have had no experience with them directley and slate them just to be c.s. kool.

id get the ktr one myself just to piss off people on here :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
When you've been on this site you don't need to have "direct" experience. I have enough people that I'd consider friends that'd mean I'd never use the place.

If four of your mates started using the local restaurant down the road and all four come out overcharged and with chronic diarrhoea, a) you wouldn't eat there, and b) you wouldn't go recommending it to every Tom, Dick and Harry.

Not to mention they pissed all over members when I linked them to a set of cheap coilovers, that ktec were selling, so ktec bought the lot and sold them at 200%.

Not winning any awards in my book.

clio 182 sport
When you've been on this site you don't need to have "direct" experience. I have enough people that I'd consider friends that'd mean I'd never use the place.

If four of your mates started using the local restaurant down the road and all four come out overcharged and with chronic diarrhoea, a) you wouldn't eat there, and b) you wouldn't go recommending it to every Tom, Dick and Harry.[/QUOTE

Im not going to ruin someones thread having a debate about ktr, i think there are enough threads on here with people slagging them off, there is no need for someone to pipe up and **** them off everytime there mentioned on here its pathetic and ruins this site IMO.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The guy asked for an opinion between two people. I gave an opinion.

Yes, everyone does **** off KTEC, but in this instance my recommendation was Genuine. Yanoo is a seriously helpful guy, has developed a very nice product, and why not support the little guy? Without places like this forum, the "little guy" would often stay that way.

So for customer service, a product that won't ruin your box if you're a bit bashful with it (it's well known the 1*2 box's are made of cheese), and to support a genuinely nice chap. Yanoo with brass bushes.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Any particular reason for wanting the quickshift?

I have just got myself the Yanoo stiff shift, I don't feel like the gearbox needs a shorter throw. Just some more "feel" so to speak.

BG 182 FF
I didn't realise a short shift could ruin the gear box! Which yanoo product is recommended then? Just the stiff shift? There's quite a few options on there. Quikshift, short shift, stiff shift and the iv just noticed a fast road shifter also. And how does it compare with the one KTR are selling in terms of function.

BG 182 FF
Any particular reason for wanting the quickshift?

I have just got myself the Yanoo stiff shift, I don't feel like the gearbox needs a shorter throw. Just some more "feel" so to speak.

I don't really have a reason just to make gear changes a little tighter and the ktr gear stick looks pretty nice.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I haven't got mine fitted yet, but after reading enough reviews about it I went for the stiff shift 1.0 I think it is with brass bushes etc. Apparently makes the box feel like it should when the car came out and gives a much nicer feel between gears. As its like stiring porridge as standard.

Pm Yanoo on here, hes a very helpful guy and easy to talk to.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If you do a search on the yanoo kit there's a wealth of information about it (or at least there was). You can pretty much make up your mind with what you want to buy from that.

Years ago, short shifts were all the rage and they quite quickly went out of fashion when people discovered that the sycnro's on the renault box are rubbish and fail after some abuse even without a short shift. Introducing a short shift, (unless you drive like it's a hearse) will unavoidably put more pressure/abuse onto these fragile parts. Hence why you don't see a great deal of people with them fitted.

BG 182 FF
Excellent cheers for info. Think ill swerve the shorter gear lever then. Ill have a chat with yanoo to see what he recommends

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't realise a short shift could ruin the gear box! Which yanoo product is recommended then? Just the stiff shift? There's quite a few options on there. Quikshift, short shift, stiff shift and the iv just noticed a fast road shifter also. And how does it compare with the one KTR are selling in terms of function.

The JC5 box doesn't like to be 'rushed'