ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yah! and a big up for National Tyres

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Bored this morning so I went out for a lil drive around Washington. On my way home I was passing National Tyres and they seemed quiet so I popped in for an oil change and to have my tracking checked.

I hate changing the oil myself as that filter is a b**ch to get off so was very pleased with the £25 price I paid for filter, oil and labour. You also get a choice of oils from the fully synthetic range.

A bonus was that my tracking is still perfect at -2 so didn't need that done either. All this is in keeping with my promise to my car to chance the oil every 10K without fail. This works out twice a year with my current journey to work but that is about to change.

Off now to spray my CAF's as they've chipped to bits over the winter...

Audi TT 3.2 V6
last time i had some from national, yes it was oil from a big tank but the invoice/tank said it was magnatec so not really a cheap oil as such.

Certainly no gripes for the money paid.

172cup
^^ no problems there then. WHen i worked for Ford, we filled up the cars with absolute shite oil. All from the retractable hoses on the wall so the customer never seen what we put in it.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
they just pumped it into a 5l bottle from the tank when i last went national, then went all old school and poured it into the car lol

80MPG BEEZA
filter isnt hard to get off if you remove the fuel rail guard - 2 bolts then you can get you arm straight in and yank it off :) wish i knew the first time i did an oil change squeezing my hand down hurt like a b**ch

good price though if its decent oil

i got told by a halfords employee that their oil is just rebottled magnetec!

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
I had the choice of Duckhams, Magnatec and Edge. The book said Edge was best for the Clio, they were all the same price and came out of a row of drums which were labled as above. No reason to doubt them. I'll have to try taking off the fuel rail and having a look if its that easy.

Plus now the CAF's are resprayed and refitted.

BMW M135i
Its a lot easier with the guard off and changing every 10k isn't that special when the service interval is 12k. I do mine every 5k and it comes out dirty enough after that imo!

80MPG BEEZA
lol i change mine every 3k miles with silkolene ftw :) do the gbox while every 6k love looking after my engine :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
£25 for oil, filter and labour!! thats super cheap, my oil was £35! :(

Batman, I read on here changing to often can also cause engine damage.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Im sure I read that changing to often does more damage than you would think, cant remember details though.

I always go abit under service intervals, but I rarely drive my car really hard.

80MPG BEEZA
tey say change it at intervals or once a year and considering the mileage i do a change every 3kish is about right, and why do alot of people change the oil after every track day?

ST
On my 182, i changed the oil at 1k after 'run in' again at 6k as its half way to the 12k service where the oil would've be getting changed again then i changed it again at 18k which was half way to the 24k...

I changed the oil in my R27 at 1k after 'run in' and i'll be changing it within the next few weeks as its coming up for 6k..

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've done mine every 6k from new - just to be on the safe side and keep things fresh.

I never thought it would need any more frequent than that seeing as Renault will warrant the engine and gearbox so long as every 12k is adhered to.

Mk2 1.2 Campus
I've used National before but took my own elf oil and renault filter and got them to change it, different branch though