ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xmas Eve: Norm Loves Camber

LY 200
So Norm came round today to fit my Konigsports and AST topmounts...

Norm wanted to see what max camber looks like:

DSC_0340.jpg

DSC_0342.jpg

Then Norm went home but not wanting to mess up his mrs seats I wrapped him

DSC_0344.jpg

Its now at this height with reduced camber:

DSC_0347.jpg

but scrubs on full lock so might have to remove the liners, otherwise its f**king mint drive!

Last edited:
M

mini-valver

Looks mint!! What are the topmounts like? PMSL at cling film Norman, looks like a massive caterpiller!

LY 200
mint mate! I've set them for castor over camber now as Curtis said on a road car it'll be better.

Can still adjust camber on the elongated holes anyway :)

LOL reet good morning! cheers for the coffee sir whitey!!

few pics i took along the way!

Front done.......

24122008375.jpg

One side done.......with a P3wnd splitter!!!

24122008376.jpg

All done- the way i liked it!!!!

24122008377.jpg

HAPPY XMAS n0rm xx

M

mini-valver

PSI will set it up for about £90 if you cant be arsed to go Tweeks too :D

LY 200
IMO, too low. Looks broken!

its not that low now anyway :rasp:

its so low I lost me splitter on my own drive!

Tweeks or Powerstation for a setup, Powerstation are f**king mint but I want to test drive some suzukas ;)

Cheers for all the comments :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
That looks amazing!
I would swap my car for a mint 172 cup tomorrow, wish i bought one.

M235i / 172
Check this dude's camber out, looks like his suspension has collaped :S WTF

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/VIPq45/?action=view&current=cjqfemb78z.flv

I still don't understand what this does? Surely having less rubber in contact with the road is a bad thing? and in the wet the tyre can't do what it's supposed to do? i.e. channel water away from the contact patches?

Basically mate running say 0 degree camber, under fast cornering the car leans, taking part of the tyre off the road, less rubber = less grip!

So giving it some (iirc) negative camber, in a straight line yes there is slightly less tyre on the road but under cornering you will get the whole or more of the tyre on the road, more rubber = more grip

Thats just a basic way of putting it mate.

LY 200
Any photos on the new top mounts Whitey? ;)

What are you views on them, good bit of kit?

they are fuckin quality items as norm said mate, I have sorted out my liners today and took middo out for a quick drive...

I have mine set to castor over camber as I have enough from the bolts, the turn in is mint and I love it

well worth the money imo