ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xmas eve jus finished xmas shopping an the fan belts off

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
as above really i was just leaving on the 40 min drive home and i lost powersteering an had stoplight on dash,pulled in the next place i could and had a look to see the fan belt wasnt on the pulleys but had to means of light to see for signs of the belt but when driving it was like a stone pinged up on the underside of the car twice in 5 mins b4 the powersteering went,there was a ballbearing siting in a little bit on top,

my belt is still in the engine area doesnt look like its snapped or torn is there any good guides for belt check/change,

xmas tomorow and i know im gonna be out at the car to c wot the damage is:mad:

belt kit for the tensioners and pulleys?
car is a 1.6 16v aircon powersteering
basically gonna b outa of a car till monday maybe the motor factors and can get some1 to do or fan belts easy enough but with the tensioners?renault tools?

merry christmas every1 :)

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
no idea where the bb was from im thinking the tensioner has been ripped of or siezed an popped a bb out from sumwhere,
car is a 1.6 si 16v ive my old one was a 1..6 8v si

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
if the aux belt didnt take out the timing belt when it came off and the car still drove lyk 45 miles home before the battery ran out is there still i high chance that i could have bent valves and wotever else to cause the engine not to turn over?
im kinda stuck between thinking new valves etc or engine change rather than just aux belt kit as it should start with a jumpstart even thou its not got the aux belt,shouldnt it?
the engine has had a good 40-50 miles with no aux belt and only once cut out with low battery but had been started and moved since,higher reving than normall choke level at one point but no noises from engine lyk the valves its just today its not starting and there is sum little valve noises when trying to turnover :(

is the water pump on my aux belt if so for 50 miles no water been pumped?
the engine running lowlow revs when battery died,just in neutral it wasnt even an idle
when the car got a 15 min charge then jump start it still drove fine just when i stopped it high revd its self for a minute then dropped t normall,
could all this cause engine change or new vlaves etc?

basically cars not starting with a jumpstart and im thinking the worst again:mad:

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
My aux belt caused the cambelt to jump a tooth - took out all the valves and made a bitg metallic noise on the starter (and a small backfire in exhaust)

If the car turns over without noise I would doubt engine damage or broken cambelt.