ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xenons on 182FF are poor?

fad

Clio 182 FF
As per title, I find my Xenons don't project very far they are quite white but they are awful compared to any other car i've driven with Xenons.

They are so poor even my brothers Saxo's lights project further.

Any solutions or better bulbs I can look at?

Also being dropped 40mm wouldnt affect the light level sensors would it?

Many thanks

lowering it will have effected it i think..........it happened on another lads 182 when it dropped it 70mm on coilovers.....you have to use an allen key and manually adjust them from inside the bonnet............you cant miss them, white allen key screws on the back of the headlight unit! turn them to raise it up, do it against a wall to make sure they are the same height

lowering it will have effected it i think..........it happened on another lads 182 when it dropped it 70mm on coilovers.....you have to use an allen key and manually adjust them from inside the bonnet............you cant miss them, white allen key screws on the back of the headlight unit! turn them to raise it up, do it against a wall to make sure they are the same height

And outta curiousity.

How far would you lower the lights?

Straight ahead on dipped slightly ?

Ok cheers, dipped down a bit and straight on ?

or slightly to kerb ?

As i've heard some dipped lights are aligned to the kerb slightly

LY 182
best get it in an mot garage and get them to adjust it
worst case scenario is they will take a tenner from.. most wont charge i dont charge for headlight alignment.
at least that way you know its right

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
I'm finding that the xenons on my car are very bright, project light well but they seem to be aimed very high up and I got other cars flashing all the time thinking my main beams are on. I'm going to have a go at adjusting them down slightly with the screws mentioned above.