ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XENONS BULBS - pH2 2002 172

Hi,

Are this a D2s fitting?
Are they easy to replace? do they push in?
Does anyone know what the Kelvin rating is for the factory fit bulbs?

Cheers,

320d
The bulb pushes and twist into the voltage regulator then the voltage regulator push twists into the back of the headlight

D2S yes...

the charger pack on the back of the bulb twists off, then depending on which units you have the bulb is either held in by a black twist locking ring, OR two spring clip sort of things.... the bulb just drops comes then

edit: beat me to it!

few pics...

DSC_0019.gif

this twists off

DSC_0017.gif

then you're left with

DSC_0018.gif

and can get the bulb out

you dont have to remove it no, its possible when its on the car easily....they were just a spare set i had!

4300k iirc

not a clio anymore
Foxy, is there a chance you could put the pics back?
Also could you guys elaborate on the not removing the bumper. I looked and it seems very smug in there, could not make out how I could change the bulbs from withing the engine bay
thanks

ValverInBits
which side are you removing? I know it can defo be done on the passenger side (as i've done it a fair few times now.

There are 2 securing bolts, One is obvious under the bonnet, the other is in the wheel arch (need to remove thewheel arch liner)
Then it's a challenge to get out, but not impossible. You need to make use of the fact that the wing is plastic and flexible. I poped the inside out first, then the wing side.

not a clio anymore
Thanks. It is the passenger side that's dying too. I'll have a look as I don't really fancy removing the bumper (although that wouldn't be the first time)