ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xenons adjustment for germany

hey guys

How do the xenons autolevel on the clio 172? what I mean is how does the ecu know when to adjust up and down?

Also im heading to the nurburgring in the summer, Just wondering about adjusting the dip up on the right, and down on the left. Any way of doing that, I dont fancy putting stickers on my headlights either.
On skoda octavias you could turn a dial on the back of the xenons to change the side they dip on for driving in Europe or England.

I would be really keen on knowing this as im planning driving thru france and dont fancy stickers...

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Only legal way of driviving abroad apart from shelling out £££ for ne euro headlamps are the temporary stickers.

I know because i lived in Germany for 6yrs.

Gaz

Black Gold Trophy
The auto adjustment computer is housed within the sensor on the rear axle. It uses the height of the rear axle to calculate adjustments to the level of the beam.
The headlight adjustment motors are actually different on models fitted with xenons and (by default) auto-levelling.

You can still manually adjust the height of the beam using a 6mm (I think) allen key on the top of the adjustment motor on the back of the headlamp.
As for adjusting them for germany, it is not the height of the beam you should be concerned about, it's the direction. In the UK headlights are set up to point to the left slightly as not to dazzle oncoming traffic, however due to our german friends driving on the opposite side of the road, their headlamps point to the right. The stickers just reflect the part of the beam facing left back into the headlamp.

thank you jack :)

I was hoping they might have a system like the skodas for euro driving.
Stickers it is then :(