ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon Retrofit

Clio 182 Trophy

The Trophys obviously dont come with xenons (how stupid, whats the point of having a quick car if you cant see!).
Anyway, has anyone retrofitted them to a 172/182, and how much did it cost etc? Obviously the washers and leveling will have to be added too for legal reasons.
Cheers.

The parts alone are £2k or so last time I totalled it up. Then youve got fitment and that will be fun youd have to either bodge the wiring or strip most the car out. The you have to get a dealership to sort out the UCH.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by 182David on 23 July 2005

The Trophys obviously dont come with xenons (how stupid, whats the point of having a quick car if you cant see!).
Of course, everyones been driving completely blind up until the invention of Xenons :p

No seriously though, Ive gone from a 172 with xenons to the Trophy without, and Im not missing them at all. Yes the xenons are very good but you can still see perfectly well with the standard lights, doesnt bother me in the slightest to be honest.

Upgraded bulbs might help give a whiter light though.

Elise/VX220/R26

I dont have xenons any more dont miss them to be honest. They are nice but lets face it they dont really do anything

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 23 July 2005

I dont have xenons any more dont miss them to be honest. They are nice but lets face it they dont really do anything

Apart from blinding other drivers and looking cool from a distance ;)

Lee

BMW M2C

I had a 172 and 182 both with Xenons and they were nice. They projected a nice white light and looked attractive, but they dont really illuminate the road any better than standard headlamps.

The Trophy headlights are fine and light the way with no problems.

Plus of course, Xenons are heavier. ;)

Much better than the ones on my old 306 GTi-6 did all those years ago. I remember at the time thinking how bad it was for a B road weapon like that to have such terrible headlights.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500

Best thing to do if you are wanting more light for those late night/early morning blasts ;) is to have a look at PIAA bulbs. I used to have a set in my AX Gt and they were fab very bright and gave a white/blue light nearly the same as HID units. Always got asked where did i get the HID system from and how much.

First thing i am doing when i pick my Trophy up.

They cost anything from £30 up to £90 IIRC the one i had where about £40 but you only really need them for dipped beam, get some Halfors Ultra Xenon for the main beam.