ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon not working...

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
My drivers side xenon headlight is not working.

At first it used to stay on for a while then go off, then maybe stay on for a good couple hours before turning the engine off and not using it. But yesterday I had them on and I seen it flickering (of the car in front) and know it isn't going on at all.

I persume its either the battery pack or the bulb ?

Any ideas on how to now what it is or to found out ?

Ben

this is the relays for the xenons there under the passengers side foot well a bank of six of them and have been known to pop out so just get under there and push them back in and volla they should come back on

Mégane RS
sounds like a ballast problem, the bulbs do flicker too when coming to the end of its life

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
I had one of my xenons stop working. The car went in to Renault and they found that it wasn't the bulb that was knackered - they told me it was the "headlight computer".......whatever that is!

Anyhoo - it got fixed under warranty so didn't bother me with what they said the problem was.

P

phill172

yea mine went a couple of days ago, basically renault want about £535 for a new headlight and starter pack! Good luck

CX-7,westfield,ix20
My driver's side one stopped working a while back but just turned my lights off then back on again and it's been fine ever since lol

supra tt
My drivers side xenon headlight is not working.

At first it used to stay on for a while then go off, then maybe stay on for a good couple hours before turning the engine off and not using it. But yesterday I had them on and I seen it flickering (of the car in front) and know it isn't going on at all.

I
persume
its either the battery pack or the bulb ?

Any ideas on how to now what it is or to found out ?

Ben

I Have the same problem mate just changed the bulb and no driftnet so a waste of £40:mad: And the added hassle of taking the head light out to even :mad:er.

yea mine went a couple of days ago, basically
Renault
want about £535 for a new headlight and starter pack! Good luck

You got to be kidding!!!:eek: can you not buy the starter or other bit on its own ?

clio 182 + cup packs
you can buy the ballasts from specialests will be cheaper than £500 i would say no more than £150

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Check the fuse first

You will be surprised at how many of these dont work and its only the fuse thats blown

Renault Sport clio 1
My passenger side xenon has stop working, i have had the starter/chargerpack replaced this year so didn't think it was this?

Took the back of the light off and the little box on the back of the light is making a rattling noise?

Should do this, if not how much are they to replace if they can be?

i will be checking the fuse when i get in though!

Renault Sport clio 1
Right check the fuse the bulb and charger pack, should the charger pack rattle when shaken?

And is the charger pack the black box on the back of the light, and not the sliver box attached to the bootm of the light?